Old Road Content Undeletable

N5VAV

TPR Route Creator
I have 2 routes that had some older content in use on them, (CWhitedog roads). Those roads do not work anymore. However, what is on the route is a spline of Auran track along the road, and across the grade crossing. I can not replace it, move it, or delete it ! When I try to "get" the asset, nothing happens. I would just like to delete the entire spline asset and build new in its place.
Is there a way or secret to deleting or replacing the asset? I need to do SOMETHING with it to put in something that works.
Anything helpful will be very much appreciated.
Thank you !

Thank you Stagecoach, but I've tried COUNTLESS times to delete missing assets and that one item will NOT delete.
It is a short section of road , but it shows up as rails in surveyor. I can not move the spline, get, delete, etc. It shows up but nothing I do to it has any effect. The KUID is KUID:175455:100051 I looked up the kuid and it shows to be a CSX SD70 by 22Alpha. If so, how/why does it show up as a road/track asset. If anyone is willing to help me delete this missing asset, I will send you the route to try to do something with it. I really am baffled at this.

Copy a blank bit of terrain and paste it over the spline points of the road/track that you want to delete. You will probably want to be in the "paste track only" mode for this, so make sure the paste-height, -objects and -textures modes are all off when you do the pasting.

Check that you are working in the correct Layer and ensure it's not locked against edits. And practice first on a bit of track and terrain that doesn't matter, in case you get it wrong.

Hello Dinorius. I did what you said, I even used everything (except height), but those splines are STILL there! Both the route and session layers are unlocked. I went up and down to cover both ends of the spline, but as you can see, it took out the objects, trees, telephone poles, replaced the textures, EVERYTHING but those 2 track splines! This was originally a road over a grade crossing - It took out the track, crossing, roads, etc. but the rail splines are still there. If I send you the route, would you want to look at it?
376812627_10222577927108927_8314841974070272798_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Dinorius. I did what you said, I even used everything (except height), but those splines are STILL there! Both the route and session layers are unlocked. I went up and down to cover both ends of the spline, but as you can see, it took out the objects, trees, telephone poles, replaced the textures, EVERYTHING but those 2 track splines! This was originally a road over a grade crossing - It took out the track, crossing, roads, etc. but the rail splines are still there. If I send you the route, would you want to look at it?
376812627_10222577927108927_8314841974070272798_n.jpg
Select a smaller area, so you don't select such a large area.

Now change the copy/paste options to objects instead of splines. These are fixed track objects and these should remove okay. You can also try deleting these in scenery objects like you do anything else.

What is crazy... I even deleted the ENTIRE BASEBOARD, and sure enough, off to the lower left side, you can STILL see the track splines out in mid-air.... Surely this is a map error? JCitron- I tried objects, textures, splines, etc. Is there a way to manually modify the .obj file to try to find these splines and remove them? I'll send you the route if you want to try anything with it?
382986875_10222578084352858_7176315190376849174_n.jpg

Last edited:
If I send you the route, would you want to look at it?

No, please don't do that. I wrote everything that I know about this problem, except that Fixed Track acts as Scenery in some ways. I forgot about that one, but John Citron covered that point. If all those Paste modes had no effect on your computer, I don't think it would be any different on mine.

If you know the asset is <kuid:175455:100051>, and it is not built-in, what happens if you delete that kuid in CM, do a Database Repair (or better still, an Extended Database repair), then open your Route and try Delete Missing Assets again?

Last edited:
Back