Official Drawings of Norfolk Southern Heritage Units...

Neato! My personal favs are the Wabash, Interstate, Illinois Terminal and Norfolk Southern ones.

Now JR has pics........:hehe:
I like the Reading, PRR, LV, and Conrail ones + the old NS one (Which i know was absorbed by SOU in the 80's and SOU merged with NW to make NS (I think))

Love it. Am I the only one who had to do a double-take and make sure the Central NJ RR unit was a GEVO and not a Baldwin Centipide? :hehe:

:cool: Yes, Andrew did a great job translating the old schemes to the new locomotives.

I think the Central of Georgia original Diesel scheme was one of the most attractive. We now have SD9's and F-units, however we need GP9's, GP18's, RS3's and of course the E7 & E8's in that scheme!

I'm was surprised too, especially when I saw the Illinois Terminal unit. I'm also surprised that CSX allowed NS to create a NYC unit since CSX owns the rights to the NYC name. (Not that I'm bashing CSX, mind you.) And it wouldn't surprise me one bit if CSX came up with a few Heritage units of their own.

The Spirit of Ronald Reagan...on a GE locomotive...

:cool:I suggested to CSXT that they honor the 44(soon to be 45!) US-American presidents...

This is awesome!

I really like the Virginian paint scheme. If they put a couple of GEVOs back to back they'll almost look like the old Little Joes that used to run on their line underwires long before N&W purchased them.

I foresee a lot of neat stuff coming our way in the future. :)

John

If you back up a page you see this "March 1, 2012 - NORFOLK, VA. - Norfolk Southern is honoring its predecessor railroads during 2012, its 30th anniversary year, by painting 18 new locomotives in commemorative schemes that reflect the heritage of those predecessors."

The real thrill for me is seeing the GE-units that replace the old ALCo Century Series six-axle units on those roads.

I'm extremely happy there doing them though I do have a couple complaints Who picked that nasty Green for the Erie??? Black and Yellow should be the colors... not that nasty passenger scheme. Secondly.... Why interstate? Instead of PC?

I'm extremely happy there doing them though I do have a couple complaints Who picked that nasty Green for the Erie??? Black and Yellow should be the colors... not that nasty passenger scheme. Secondly.... Why interstate? Instead of PC?

Agreed. And if they're using the Erie, PRR, and Southern passenger paint schemes, why aren't they using the gray passenger paint scheme for NYC? That would look much sharper.

Back