NV3, your mutliplayer is not working!

fen_tiger

Building the Wisbech line
Just a reminder to you NV3 that iTrainz Multiplayer likes to play silly games with me and other frustrated Multiplayers who also have the very latest TS12 updates. Whenever my iTunes needs to update on my computer it does it in less than 10 minutes. How long does it take Multiplayer to actually promise something? My own internet connection upload/download (100mbps) checks out fine and my PC firewall is set to accept everything Trainz.

Last edited:
I-Chat doesn't work either. It just calls everyone "Driver"+a number and doesn't allow anyone to chat anymore.

Is that another server problem, or just my computer?

I-Chat will be most likely be on the same servers running Multiplayer sessions. Your computer isn't up the creek or it wouldn't throw a wobbly like mine does sometimes.

Andy.

I-Chat doesn't work either. It just calls everyone "Driver"+a number and doesn't allow anyone to chat anymore.

Is that another server problem, or just my computer?
The folks with driver names are people that do not have a registered copy of trainz/ Planet Auran profile and are using the chat system.

Good Morning All
I have spoken with our admin, and the multiplayer server is now back online. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused by this outage.

Regards

I always thought that the I-chat function available within any of the multiplayer sessions was ONLY permitted to access through a registered copy of the game and an active registered N3V account. After all, multiplayer sessions are ONLY available through TS12 and through CM and the DLS, not by other means. Without a registered NV3 account that has your registered game code, all multiplayer sessions and its connected I-chat were banned to outsiders.

To enable any TS game to install and run on your computer its has to have its unique game code (on the back of the driver manual) inputted as part of the installation process, normally to prevent bootleg copies and second-hand copies of the game disc being used. Plus, when wanting to access the DLS and all other parts of the NV3 website, plus any multiplayer session, your game code has to be linked to your NV3 account along with your account log-in e-mail details.

NV3 only accepts ONE game code per game disc installed on your PC, as per what its own account rules clearly state. If I tried to register a bootleg disc or second hand copy of the game, or two game discs of TS12 each with a different game code to my one account, I would be refused to do so, So if anyone not registered to NV3 is using the I-chat how is this even possible, unless they are a friend of the registered user?

Hope to try out a multiplayer session later today to encourage me to get back into TS12 route building once more. Real life can be a pain in the behind, putting me off trying to do something decent for myself, like playing trains either here or with my Hornby railway.

Anyone on here can enlighten me whether or not I-chat can indeed be accessed without registered accounts and registered games linked to their accounts?

Andy.

Last edited:
Back