NS GP59 #4610 get's Operation Lifesaver Paint Scheme...

backyard

ROAD FOREMAN of ENGINES
:cool: Read it & weep, "let the whining begin!"

I am glad to have the Southern version in Trainz thanks to Justin Cornell @ VMD!

Photo by Don Woods via Facebook taken in Altoona, PA 1-21-2012

I've got the HO Scale brass model by SAXT GLOBAL Services . So no whining here. Don't know what response you want.

Last edited:
I'm with you on that. What response are we supposed to give?

Anyone who's seen the picture posted on facebook will have noticed the flood of hate-comments from foamers who preferred the engine in it's Southern heritage paint. I understand you prefer one paint over another, but spewing hate at the railroad for repainting one engine is a bit much.

Anyone who's seen the picture posted on facebook will have noticed the flood of hate-comments from foamers who preferred the engine in it's Southern heritage paint. I understand you prefer one paint over another, but spewing hate at the railroad for repainting one engine is a bit much.
UH could you please explain where I posted even one single piece of hate anything.

Last edited:
Mine...

:cool: I do not dislike the OLS Scheme, I saw the locomotive at TVRM & the paint looked in good shape, the decals had faded somewhat.

Here, east of Chattanooga, just west of TVRM at Spell...on the pusher track...

I would like to see more of these since NS_37 went from VMD to Jointed Rail, say like the GP60 variety pack + the new OLS scheme!

Allen, I agree with you. I have the model you pictured in HO scale as well. She is a real beauty. No hard feeling on my end. Hopefully you agree. :D
Right now it's just collecting dust.

Last edited:
No offense taken...

:cool: If I can get that route built, we will run the wheels off that locomotive!:hehe:

I bought the Overland Brass Imports model unpainted in 1992 for $325 and had to part with it to pay a debt...I saw a unpainted GP60 the other day imported at the same time on consignment for $500.

I think the #4610 painted price just doubled the GP60...:confused:

I also had two Southern cabooses. I only wanted these three models in brass as a modeling benchmark.

This is why I like Trainz so much, not only did NorfolkSouthern_37 model the #4610, he recognized the difference between the Series 12V710 GP59 and the Series 16V710 GP60...and also produced a prime enginesound to match!

Last edited:
Oh goodie. Allen would you be interested in the HO Scale model I have. If so shoot me a pm. You'll like my price. No I think you'll flip over it.

Last edited:
Don't tempt me!

:cool: Is it an Athearn model or a brass model? You got pictures? They would be good for this thread...:udrool:

Back