Not rail related but support needid please

Status
Not open for further replies.

lner

Playing TS2016.....
To all the British citizens in the trainz community

The world-famous Red Arrows have been banned from appearing at the 2012 London Olympics because they are deemed 'too British'.
Organisers of the event say that the Arrows military background might be 'offensive' to other countries taking part in the Games. The display team have performed at more than 4000 events worldwide, but the Department of Culture, Media and Sport have deemed the display team 'too militaristically British.' Red Arrows pilots were said to be 'outraged', as they had hoped to put on a truly world class display for the Games, something which had never been seen before. Being axed from a British-based event for being 'too British' is an insult - the Arrows are a symbol of Britain .

The Red Arrows have been excellent ambassadors for British overseas trade, as they display their British-built Hawk aircraft all over the world.
The Arrows performed a short flypast in 2005 when the winning bid was announced, but their flypast at the Games was to have been truly spectacular.
It is to be hoped that common sense prevails.
If you disagree with this decision, sign the petition on the link http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/RedArrows2012/?ref=redArrows2012
Forward this on to everyone you can please.

Are they denied because they are "too British" or are they "too militaristically British"? Both statements are made in your post.

If it is the latter I can understand the decision because military/political power has nothing to do with sports ( or should not ).

i took it straight from the email a collegue sent to me so i don't know but the reds are hardley very millitary they are a display team made up of active service persons that can be called up to fight if the need arose but whilst they are diplaying they are there to give the public a great deal of enjoyment:cool:

I would like to read the original statement from the government in that case before I come to an opinion regarding this. I am sure you have a direct link to that statement because I assume you have read it as well to come to a founded opinion and before sending this message around the world for support.

This petition has been going around for a 2 or 3 weeks at least but it's a lot of rot.
The RAF spokesperson replied to the accusation saying that the Olympics are too far ahead to even be considered yet & that no such decision had been made.
The story was just speculation by the newspaper in order to boost their sales.

I see. I guess we have to wait till 2012 then. Unfortunately thousands of people will be hammered with these spam messages in the mailbox. Thank you very much Blackwatch for clearing this up.

excuse me Zwabberaar are you acusing me of spam spreading? stop hiding behind your keyboard its easy to be "brave" and increadibly rude to people on the internet but I dare-say that you wouldn't dare speak to people like that in real life, you make me very sad:(

I think its already too late.Here in York (the birthplace of Guy Fawkes) we had no Bonfire Night fireworks because of Health and Safety rules.

He wasn't accusing you of spam spreading. He was just making the general observation that thousands of people will be sending out the same message that you are, trying to get millions of people to respond to an issue that may, or may not, be relevant yet. As far as I know, spamming is when a person or corporate entity sends unwanted e-mail to thousands of people. You aseem to be reading too literally into the message (or taking things too personally). He didn't specifically mention you!

I always hear of things like this occuring in the british isles. Why is it this way? You should be proud of your culture, but the media and government make a mess of it. A british man once told me that they are trying to stop you waving your flag when the soccer is on, what is this all about?

Bernie

I always hear of things like this occuring in the british isles. Why is it this way? You should be proud of your culture, but the media and government make a mess of it. A british man once told me that they are trying to stop you waving your flag when the soccer is on, what is this all about?

Bernie

Either it will insult other nations and/or you could use it as a weapon (?). I think that's what the Political Correctness brigade say, at least.

:confused:I shouldn't have said that, now some men in black suits will be round...:hehe:

Last edited:
excuse me Zwabberaar are you acusing me of spam spreading? stop hiding behind your keyboard its easy to be "brave" and increadibly rude to people on the internet but I dare-say that you wouldn't dare speak to people like that in real life, you make me very sad:(

Honey ... I speak everywhere in the same manner as I do here. You are welcome to visit me and I will also tell you in person that you have been requesting others to send spam. I can not help it that you find telling the truth rude. That is something you will have to deal with and is not my problem.

PM me for my phone number or address, whatever suits you best. :wave:

its not the telling of truths which is rude it is the way it is worded, and please don't call me honey i am not comfortable with that at all, I am not asking anyone to spam this was a seriouse request for British citizens to sign this petittion to make sure the reds fly at the olyimpics all that matters is signitures not wether the signer belives it to be worthy or real, this is only my speculation but what if what the RAF spokes-person said was said to avoid trouble, like the Dakota being disallowed under E.U. law to carry passengers (no one can argue with that due to the fact I shall be on one of the final passenger flights) a pettition was started to oppose that when i initailly signed I didn't seriousley think it could be true but that chance it could be made me sign because if as it is true the more sigs they can get the better

I signed this petition although it has now beeen said by the government and indeed the Red Arrows site that this has not happened as well as it being early days. however due to the PC minded in important places it is important to put a marker up.

its not the telling of truths which is rude it is the way it is worded, and please don't call me honey i am not comfortable with that at all, I am not asking anyone to spam this was a seriouse request for British citizens to sign this petittion to make sure the reds fly at the olyimpics all that matters is signitures not wether the signer belives it to be worthy or real, this is only my speculation but what if what the RAF spokes-person said was said to avoid trouble, like the Dakota being disallowed under E.U. law to carry passengers (no one can argue with that due to the fact I shall be on one of the final passenger flights) a pettition was started to oppose that when i initailly signed I didn't seriousley think it could be true but that chance it could be made me sign because if as it is true the more sigs they can get the better

Lets word something else rather rude then.

Asking people to forward a bogus message as much as possible IS spam. Perhaps you can start another petition asking people, to sign upfront, in case the government decides to skip the year 2009 completely and move on to 2010. You never know, they might just decide that. Lets send this petition, just in case, to as many people as possible.

I am sorry calling you honey makes you feel uncomfortable. I will not call you honey again sweetheart.

I now intend to report you to the moderators, you have no idea how old I am what my dispostistion is like or anything else about me, you appear to me to be a rude, vile tempered person who finds pleasure in others discomfort and upset, I shall request this thread to be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back