Northern Arizona Route

GNdome55: The way you said "Happy Little accidents" reminds me of the famous Artist Bob Ross..He always talked about Happy accidents..:wave: :wave:

@BobCass: Actually now that you mention that I think mezzoprezzo referred to that Bob Ross line in one of his post. I also saw a special recently on Bob Ross’ life. That phrase must of stuck.

Here are some new shots

[

A friend of mine lent me three DVDs of the Santa Fe/ BNSF line through northern Arizona. It is inspiring reference material for my route. It’s a bit frustrating though as I realize all the specific bridge types and desert vegetation I don’t have and still can’t find. The first pic is my attempt at doing some rocky cliffs near trackside in the Painted Desert. Once again because I really can’t texture horizontal rock strata this was the best I could do for now. I’m still looking for some medium size desert brush so I can start filling in areas with more vegetation.

paintedrock.jpg

Another great reason why the Station Stop icons should return to the header of posts, as it would show that this is TS12.

OMG ... Ab-so-lute-ly breathtaking ! :mop::udrool::mop:

Another great reason why the Station Stop icons should return to the header of posts, as it would show that this is TS12.~snip~

Not necessarily! The station stop time line only shows which versions have been purchased by the member, not the version which produced the posted screenshot.

Back on topic:

Really nice shots Gordon.:clap:

The second one in post #83 has to be one if the finest ever seen on the Forum. Absolutely spectacular.

Cheers
Casper
:Y:

Last edited:
Thanks Cascaderailroad! Zachary is correct about the Mac version. As I understand it, TSMac has a TS12 game engine if that’s what you call it, and TS10 content.

@Casper: thank you again for the kind comments. I think the shot your referring to has a sense of aerial perspective. I see that in a lot of your shots. I’m enjoying the challenge of working the draw distance fade out to create realistic depth rather than what looks like hills as seen through an x-ray. Obviously I limit my screenshot angles to avoid the white silhouette mountains in the very far distance.

@Euphod: yeah I’ve been sinking a lot of trees. I’ve got a few trees by MSGSapper (Tundra redoes) that are working out well for some of the larger bushes. What I’m looking for I’ve seen on some of the other desert routes out there. I guess it’s time to start politely asking for kuid #s.

Gordon

Thanks Joe, I got the new JVC pack. It has some very good stuff.
I also want to thank Kimo505 for the tip on the denlog content. denlog’s creations are great. There are a lot of useful trees and shrubs that I can use. When I get to the higher elevations between Winslow and Flagstaff I’ll have some good transition small pines to use. I think I’ve got a pretty good system going now as far as my high desert vegetation. After this I’ll see if I can start putting up some more interesting views rather than all these side profile views of the tracks.
Here are a few new shots. I think zorronov’s sky, which I just got, works well with this desert landscape.

anotherhill.jpg
bridges2.jpg
3sd402.jpg

Last edited:
You do realize that if you have a suitable tree, you can sink it into the ground, right?
Thanks Ed, I forgot about that! I will have to do that on my own route later...

As for the route: I love this... It almost makes me want to go get 12 and run it and run it and run it till I cant run it anymore like Andy's Clovis sub....

Last edited:
GnDome - Have you seen McGuirrel's newest offerings from the DLS?? They look mighty fine

Jamie

Thanks, Euphod, Joe, Enzo1 and Drickettes.

Jamie, yes I did download a few of McGuirrel’s desert trees yesterday. They look great. I also have some Ultra Grass (dry) in these pics. I plan on using some of her pines when get to working on the pine forest around Flagstaff.

I would like to do a few shots of the Santa Fe Super Chief on this route. I have the warbonnet F7s (JR). Does anyone know where I might find some quality ‘50s/’60s Santa Fe passenger cars?
Gordon

Back