Newbie multiplayer questions

mariusmod

Hi everyone. I just got TS 12 and am intrigued about multiplayer. What are the must have sessions that everyone is playing? Is there a way to see who is playing what routes to know what's hot and what's going on at any time? Are spontaneous public sessions common or do they tend to be scheduled on the forums or with friends? I got the Montana Rail Link 1.5 and UMR-TS12-Summer. I thought when you go to the sessions for these routes you should whether there are multiplayer sessions in progress. I didn't see any, but it seemed like TS12 didn't even try looking (maybe it's that fast). Am I missing something? I started the base session for UMR but I didn't get any multiplayer window pop up where you would normally enter the settings such as public/private, etc. Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome to Trainz (multiplayer),

I guess you were that ghost UMR session last night.

My guess is that you did not patch your game to build 49922. For MP you need to have the latest build and all the (latest versions of the) assets of the route and session you like to do MP on.
For the patches go here. For the rest, visit the Content Management thingie.

I started the base session for UMR but I didn't get any multiplayer window pop up where you would normally enter the settings such as public/private, etc. Thanks in advance!

The base session for UMR is not a multiplayer session. What you need is the session by lewiscc65 called "UMR-2013-SUMMER Multiplayer Session Ver 1.1".

I have Build 47103 on my game, but i cannot use the buttom "Patch Trainz" and i cannot find a patch from my build number up to 49922

Build 47103 is the Steam version.

As a result, this means that multiplayer is limited/non-existent for that version.

Shane

Why are there so many different versions of the same game? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the basic game, no matter where you buy it, be the same build? N3V must have authorized Steam to sell their game, so why is it a different build?

I bought the game from steam. But i found out a couple of days ago that i already had TS12 bought through auran so i have the gamefiles.
So i can installt it and still use the steam key, as my other TS12 key is used by my MP server.

Why are there so many different versions of the same game? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the basic game, no matter where you buy it, be the same build? N3V must have authorized Steam to sell their game, so why is it a different build?

I'm sure Steam promises that they will keep up with patches and builds, and then once the check is cashed all bets are off.

I think the key/serial isnt the point. You´d need the Auran install, to be able to patch it to the current version.
:)

Back