New web site supporting Trainz

Nice thoughts

You must eat and sleep, I know you loved Alan so much, but at this time there is only one No 1, thats you. So do what you like, but you must rest and look after No 1.

Take care Angela

Oh BTW watch the font size, as it appears different in different browsers, I will email you what I see.

Paul, they are nice thoughts. But if I can't sleep I can't and there's not much I can do about it... Well there is, I drink a bit now, well, a lot sometimes, having never drunk at all.... that's a bit of a culture shock. And my eating habits have changed dramatically. I am never hungry until about 1300 hours, then it's just a light snack and that seems to fill me up.
It's the loneliness that gets me. I am okay mainly while doing something and that was the reason I decided to do a new web site. If I stop for too long my thoughts wander to those awful days...

Font size? I used IE so have no idea what it might look like in Firefox or whatever it's called. I tried it once and didn't like it, couldn't find anything...

Thanks for your thoughts,

Angela

I have IE too, but the large fonts are coming out too big, merging with other words.

I only sleep 4 hours at a time, snooze for little bits during the day. Have too much to do to rest much more, same as you.

IE okay

I have IE too, but the large fonts are coming out too big, merging with other words.

I only sleep 4 hours at a time, snooze for little bits during the day. Have too much to do to rest much more, same as you.

I have just checked each page on the Internet connection (not the authoring tool) and can't find any overlapping or merging text. Mind you, my IE is set to bog standard settings....
If you see any let me know and I'll think about it. I am basically not very good at sending stuff up for web sites, it usually goes horribly wrong.

I have noticed that one of the truck pages isn't showing, the one after the Knight Hauler. When clicking next it goes somewhere else instead of to the Wedico Mercedes truck-trailer combo.
Now I have changed that in my authoring tool but do I put this whole lot up again and risk losing it?

That would be just my luck!

Angela

No just put up the pages that you change

Use FTP

Here is an example of text:

Clip1.jpg

Hi Angela,
Just wanted to say,love your new website.What an amazingly creative Lady,you are. As somebody who is completely hopeless,when it comes to making anything of a virtual or modeling nature,'I takes me hat off to you'.

My sincere wish,is that 2008 is a very very much better year for you.

Regards Bruce

Odd

No just put up the pages that you change

Use FTP

Here is an example of text:

Clip1.jpg

Well that's really odd. Here it is taken from my IE running my site - not my authoring tool.

Download_Page1.jpg

I would be interested to know if anybody else is getting these problems of overlapping text.
If it isn't coming up for me I can't see it, so that gives me a problem....

Angela

Ta

Thanks to both of you. I am checking on three other forums at this moment. Obviously I want to page to view properly but if it ain't broke I can't fix it!
I am wondering if it's possible to have IE set up in different ways to view and that may be causing our friend the problem? Don't know really, it's puzzling me...

Angela

EDIT : My IE text size is set to medium

Last edited:
Its probably just me, I have Vista which causes lots of probs.

Aside from that, just spent an hour reading etc, v good site, and thanks for sharing Angela

Ahhhh

Its probably just me, I have Vista which causes lots of probs.

Aside from that, just spent an hour reading etc, v good site, and thanks for sharing Angela

Well that explains a lot.... as I said, I cannot see any faults at all and nobody else has reported in from the other three sites. Mind you, the night is yet young....

I would like to get it right if it's wrong. Give it an hour or two and wait for other people to log on, maybe somebody else will be running Vista.

As I said, the text size in my IE is set to medium, maybe yours is different?

But thanks for your help, if people don't tell me I may never know.

Angela

At the risk of messing up your forum, I thought I would let you know. I have tried all font sizes. Vista is junk !!!

After we find out, you can close this thread and start a fresh one, you dont want all this junk in here.

BTW dont forget to include site in the Trainz Fansites.

No problem

At the risk of messing up your forum, I thought I would let you know. I have tried all font sizes. Vista is junk !!!

After we find out, you can close this thread and start a fresh one, you dont want all this junk in here.

BTW dont forget to include site in the Trainz Fansites.

One reason I started the thread was to get feedback, it always helps, so that's what I am getting...
So no problems there at all.

Angela

EDIT : Where's this Fansite?

Last edited:
Angela

Nice to see you back and WOW you've been busy with that excellent and interesting site!!. I've had a browse through it and all reads/shows ok for me.

I didn't realise you had created so many routes/models and I commend you on the detail and skill you have put in on them.

Chris
aka chrisw27:D

Interesting lives

Angela

Nice to see you back and WOW you've been busy with that excellent and interesting site!!. I've had a browse through it and all reads/shows ok for me.

I didn't realise you had created so many routes/models and I commend you on the detail and skill you have put in on them.

Chris
aka chrisw27:D

Yes Chris, Alan and I had an interesting life together, that's why I miss him so terrbly.

Angela

Font size

You must eat and sleep, I know you loved Alan so much, but at this time there is only one No 1, thats you. So do what you like, but you must rest and look after No 1.

Take care Angela

Oh BTW watch the font size, as it appears different in different browsers, I will email you what I see.

The problem is with the font size you are using in your browser. I had another person on a different forum come in with the same problem and I suggested that option and it works. Try dropping a notch... might help.

Angela

Back