New web site supporting Trainz

angelah

And other things. It's my new web site. I have been working on it for about a month now and finally got it up. I have all my routes on there, pictures along the way of each and a downloadable cdp.
Other features are the previous and current hobbies of Alan and I.

http://angelajane.fireflyinternet.co.uk/

Link above.

Angela

Last edited:
I want to see the tractor trailer in Trainz.

Interesting to see the model railway layouts you built before Trainz.

Cheerio John

Thanks

I want to see the tractor trailer in Trainz.

Interesting to see the model railway layouts you built before Trainz.

Cheerio John

Hello John (and everybody else),
Many thanks for the pleasant comments, it made the considerable effort of putting the site together worthwhile. Yes, my life had more meaning when Alan was alive. The exhibition layouts were 'our' thing and he was just as keen on them as me.
Terrestrials came after those when we did mini 'shows' over Bushey Park near Hampton Court on Sundays in fine weather. Unfortunately as I began to get disabled they had to cease, not because I was disabled but more because parents did not control their off spring, some of whom would kick the tanks. They cost about £800 to £1000 to complete and if I couldn't get to them very quickly they would sustain damage.
At the same time we began the boats and had some enjoyable days at that park sailing with the others who were into that side of hobbying.

Trainz came in when it was Trainz. Yes, I still have the original disc but never registered it. Henke (you all remember Henke) suggested I moved to UTC when that came out and I met him once when he came to England, what a nice guy. Then in came TRS 2004 and it was at that point I began creating the present routes. While Alan didn't have much to do with it, he did put up with me sitting with my back to him for hours on end, often up to 18 when the bit (or is that bitt) was between my teeth with the first section of the Paddington route, or as I call it for want of a better name, WCL1.
I still have what is I believe called the Falmouth route to do (to Truro) on a DEM. I made a start but felt the second section from Reading to Westbury should be 'got on with' as it was kind of 'hanging around' on the drive, so Falmouth was shelved. And I had run into a problem at Falmouth - what were the docks like in the 60's? And the station too, there are no pictures around of the station buildings and forecourt.

Just one more thing that perhaps you can help me with John. I would like to put the link to my site into posts as you do at the bottom, but haven't the faintest idea how to do that. Perhaps you could help me there?

Angela

D/Ls

Hello Angelah, happy new year and lots of them,...on your layouts/routes download page, clicking on the right hand image to d/l only brings up a window stating "this page is not available", I did try to d/l two of your layouts but the same message appeared both times...can you check? regards

yes

Hello Angelah, happy new year and lots of them,...on your layouts/routes download page, clicking on the right hand image to d/l only brings up a window stating "this page is not available", I did try to d/l two of your layouts but the same message appeared both times...can you check? regards

Yes, I know now. I cannot get the server to activate something or other. The cdp's are up on the ftp page but I am unable to create a link in my authoring tool, SerifWeb8 to them there.... I have inserted the routes as an object but when I try to activate them for a download I get the server message.
Even linking to my PC doesn't work, but that's not really very practical anyway.
So if anybody can shed some light on what I am supposed to do then I would be grateful.

I will put a link to the page on the DS, that's about all that's possible at the moment..

Angela

mornin Angelah

Click on User CP at top of screen
Then Edit Signature
Then slap in a pic and a hyperlink to your new webbie

It will appear at the bottom of all your posts

Some servers dont allow cdp as a file transfer, you can use zip however, zip each item and link to the zip.

Location problem

mornin Angelah

Then Edit Signature

Some servers dont allow cdp as a file transfer, you can use zip however, zip each item and link to the zip.

Thanks for your help.
The problem I think is in the location of these files. I upload them all and they are on the ftp site, but to link I only have limited options so have to pick a hyperlink and the address shown is on my G:/ drive even though I check the 'Embedded in application' square the line still reads the G:/ drive.
Obviously from the Internet that isn't going to work What is needed is a link to the ftp page and I have tried that but to access these pages you must be authorised.
I have now zipped al the cdp's and will try uploading the page again. It takes ages, 2 of the zips are very large, the K&ESR and WCL1, over 12 and 16 Mb each respectively....
What's the betting on this working?

Angela

Might have....

mornin Angelah

Then Edit Signature

Hi,
If you get time can you try those links again. You might have.... solved it.

I hope!

Angela

Go to user CP next to faq above, then edit signature and drop the link in.

Now if only you were using one of the new American robots that come with their own machine gun they could be programmed to protect themselves against a good boot.

Cheerio John

No go

Go to user CP next to faq above, then edit signature and drop the link in.

Now if only you were using one of the new American robots that come with their own machine gun they could be programmed to protect themselves against a good boot.

Cheerio John

Tried it but it didn't work - no go and no show....

Odd, I sent the graphic to Photobucket and added the link by using the little button...

Angela

Edit - It suddenly popped up !

Last edited:
Ta

Glad to help, if you need any advice on your site, give me a shout

Thanks again. Isn't this forum amazing. People moan about it but it's the best thing since sliced bread!
Where else, with any game package, can you get this kind of support.
And where else can you find this kind of game package.
It's more than a game to me, it's a program and it works very well, usually... Tell me what application/package/game hasn't got it's hiccups....
I have had hours upon hours of fun (and quite a few annoying ones too, but that was me being a bit too prgressive) out of it and I hope the things I have created give other people unending amusement.

The site. Well, it's working and I don't think there's much more I can do with it. I haven't a clue about html or whatever code is used to make the pages, Javas or appelets (thought those were the things on your shoulders! ha ha). I used Serif's WebPage8. I tried the 10 but they had 'improved' it and made things quite difficult and fiddly, like just changing pages.
But on thw whole the version 8 works wonders and everything is so simple - even I can do it!

The next alteration will be putting the next section of the WCL up, the one from Reading to Westbury.
I am not sure if I will go on from there.... putting two sections together is going to make one Mother of a file size and can a normal PC run it? It's not so much the amount of boards as what I put on them, a lot basically... and that's where the problems may arise, the sheer computer power needed.
But I have the Falmouth route to do if I live that long.... I miss Alan so much it is affecting how I eat and sleep and my health isn't that good anymore.
Time will tell....

Angela

You must eat and sleep, I know you loved Alan so much, but at this time there is only one No 1, thats you. So do what you like, but you must rest and look after No 1.

Take care Angela

Oh BTW watch the font size, as it appears different in different browsers, I will email you what I see.

Last edited:
Back