New Startup takes too long

hholdenaz

Ok the new startup for SP3 takes way too long. The old version was ten times better, no need to wait a long time for a scan to be finished. What was the point of all this unnecessary change?

Was this the first and only startup? Caching is done the first start. Subsequent starts will be much faster. Or are you having issues on subsequest starts?

2023-11-19.png

having already done a database repair, it should not be scanning for any files, but start right away

Yes, when you load up TRS22 for the first time after installing the update. It will take a while... BE PATIENT, go watch a movie or 2!

An obvious thing to look at is your AV software. Have you added trs22.exe to its "no scan" list?

None of my 4 SP3 installs took more than a few minutes on their first startup.

An obvious thing to look at is your AV software. Have you added trs22.exe to its "no scan" list?

None of my 4 SP3 installs took more than a few minutes on their first startup.
EDIT: Seems to be going faster now, though I'm not sure if it actually worked or not

Look, a startup isn’t supposed to take more than a day, this is clearly a glitch that needs fixing
I doesn't show you how long it's going to take! ;)

I am curious, when would had been the last time you have restarted your computer? If you are like me load a few programs and don't bother to restart, this will cause the computer to run a bit slower than normal. Pretty much like a smartphone. Some people don't know how much their smartphone needs to be restarted! At least I do that regularly, I'm just too lazy at times to restart my computer :D The only time I do, is when annoying updates forces me to restart LOL

But overall, it is important! Probably should take my own advice too. Restarting your computer could be the key to solving this slow issue ;)

TRS22 is most likely still caching and validating your content. You can see this if you open up the Logs using Show Logs found under the Developer menu item on the Launcher. While this occurs, everything runs much slower and takes longer for content to load.

Only 5 sec to create a new route, about a minute and a bit to open an existing 670 MB route (about 44 x 22 km) in the new SP3 123801
Either your route is densely packed with many items or your build is still validating

Typo in file size, much bigger than I remembered

Last edited:
Only 5 sec to create a new route, about a minute and a bit to open an existing 181 MB route (about 44 x 22 km) in the new SP3 123801
Either your route is densely packed with many items or your build is still validating
Stuck on startup isn’t a normal thing

Ever tried this?
I don’t care what the rules are when it comes to double-posting, I’m way too grateful to follow them: your idea worked, I thank you greatly

Back