New Route Shots

arum

USLW Creator/ TCS
Well I'm making a new route. It is based on a model railroad trackplan which I have very closey resembled, as much as I can in trainz and still have it look decsent. It's still in heavy developement but I thought I would share some shots. It's based on the Bear Creek &Western RR track plans from an old Model Railroader. It is narrowguage with a duel guage interchange at one end. If people are interested I'd put it on the DLS.

A passenger train at the town of Ouray.

Another pic of the town...

Shot of the road near the layout's town of Silverton

This is the duel guage interchange (track only)

The layout called for a doube deck layout, so i had to set them side by side. This is the "upper level"

The "lower level"

So, there is what is done so far. Tell me what you think and if i should upload it when I complete it. If released, it will be the layout according to the plans. I may make another version that is longer and has an extended mainline. It may not look it, but the route takes a good amount of time to run and return if you go at a slow prototypical speed and stop at the stations.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

That looks very good, arum .. as long as there is no 3rd party content that is untraceable :rolleyes: it seems a first glance to be a promising layout :)

I forgot to mention, I'm building this in 2006, so I dont know if it will be workable in 2004...

I like these simple type of layouts and would DL it for sure
( probably cause I an old Model RR Fan [old habits]

Some new shots

I worked on it a little today.
Here are some more shots...
A small lake/pond that will be next to a small town and hotel. In the summer water rarely flows over the dam...

Here is a picture of the "backdrop" which is actually 3D hills made to look far away

Same as one of the pics in my first post, just reworked a bit

A short freight going through Silverton

Looking awesome for that angle! nice stream detail.
Titanticlover---
maybe you might want to 'reconsiter' your decision, because some of those layouts MR, are HUGE!!!!

I've been quite busy and not had much time to work but here are some more shots. I've added more buildings, trees, and some basic texturing.
screen005hw7.jpg

screen004mm3.jpg

screen003rd2.jpg

screen001js1.jpg

screen002ne1.jpg

So work will continue. I will be releasing this probably on the DLS and defineatly at http://www.freewebs.com/trainzmainiac2006/ .
Much more to do! Add signals, change switchstands, road, detail, more textures....

thanks for the warning Lvman ill if i do get them will use certain sections of the area but thanks

looks goods keep it up!

More Shots

Just some more that I've done today
screen008md8.jpg

A view of Montrose after I tweaked it abit
screen007rj8.jpg

Cattle Pick-up
screen006fi8.jpg

Moving to get water
screen001xh6.jpg

Getting water and sand .
(Note the brand new oil truck that arrived in town!)
screen005pr7.jpg

screen004pz0.jpg

I populated the Church with a cemetary. The funeral gets interrupted with the passing freight.

screen001na0.jpg

screen002vz3.jpg

The Passenger train heads out after the freight clears the switch.
screen004wa3.jpg

Testers

Well the route is getting close to completion. I would like 1 or 2 testers if anyone is interested. PM me if you want to test this. The route is on 2006 sp1. It probably won't be done this weekend but soon. I still have some details to attend to. If you wish to test I suggest having prowler's D&RG equipment.

Back