New Multiplayer Group, Michigan Trainz Group

BDP

Searchlight Studios
Hi Everyone, some friends and I are putting a group together to play Trainz Simulator multiplayer with. Currently we are working on a scaled down route with most of the Active rail lines in the Lower Peninsula. Requirements: Must have Trainz 12 SP1 HF3 (58414). Eventually we plan on running a semi-prototypical virtual michigan. Some of the more major lines that will be available at first, will include: CN Flint Subdivision, CN Holly Subdivision, CSX Saginaw Subdivision, CSX Detroit/Plymouth/Grand Rapids Subdivision, NS Michigan Line, NS Detroit District, Great Lakes Central Cadillac/Ann Arbor Districts, MMRR St Louis Sub, LSRC and HESR. Check out Michigan Trainz Group on Facebook.
If you are Interested reply Below. -BDP.

Last edited:
Hi,
Two things:
Requirements: Must be a current or former resident of Michigan
Why is that?
Note that it reduces the number of possible participants by a lot and I am sure there are a lot of equally well skilled people who can be just as much fun that have never been in Michigan.

and have Trainz 12 SP1 HF3 (58414).
I strongly suggest to apply the latest hotfixes and get yourself up to 61388:
http://www.auran.com/servicepacks/#TS12

Mainly B/c the routes are from the State of Michigan, and I have 61388 at my dads, so I may host it on that computer eventually. My moms house is where I have 58414.

Must be a current or former resident of Michigan and have Trainz 12 SP1 HF3 (58414).

I agree with Oknotsen, that REALLY limits who you can have in. And there really is no point to that rule. I'm not from California, but I run on Mojave Sub all the time. Granted I am from Michigan so I shouldn't care. Just feel's like that rule is shunning people.

Another thing, the idea of have state wide operations is great. If the MP environment works. Which in Trainz it dose not. Last I talked to any one from UMR after about 8 people things got really laggy. Doing FMR it was hard to get enough people to run all the trains that needed ran. And, even if you used the DLS version of any of the mentioned routes, I think you'd be hard pressed to get it working.

That said though, it is a good idea even if it has it flaws.

UPDATE: I am Opening the Multiplayer Group to anyone. I don't care where you live, but you can join if you want.

I should ask which sections of the MMRR will be included? I know they have the line up near Muskegon, but what about the section near Grand Rapids that MMRR 24 used to run?

Back