New Haven Dwarf Signals (Warning-large Images)

For the last several years, I have been building a prototypical route of the Naugatuck Line of the New Haven Railroad set in the 1940's. To keep it historically accurate, I need to add dozens of New Haven High and Low Dwarf signals to the route

Unfortunately, no one has made New Haven Dwarf signals for Trainz 2004 and I have no skills in 3D modeling. (I'm just a route builder).

After checking the DLS and numerous other sites for years, I can not find any dwarf signals that even remotely look like the New Haven signals.

Calling SeniorChief,
Your work on signals is legendary. I and all New Haven Railroad Trainzers would be forever in your debt if you could make a set of New Haven High and Low Dwarf signals for TRS04:

nhhighdwarfnormalstop.jpg

nhhighdwarfsignal.jpg

nhhighdwarfrear.jpg

nhhighdwarfside.jpg

nhlowdwarfswestbound.jpg

nhhighdwarfslow.jpg

Anyone who would be kind enough to make these signals please drop me a PM.

Thanks!:)
Gary
(Sorry about the large images)

If some one does.....Please please please make some left hand ones too! (arms pointing to the left)......pretty please with sugar on top!!!!

Cool signals, Gary. I'm sure someone will pick up on this thread.

John
Thanks John. The unique design of these signals is definitely cool.:)

I forgot to mention that these signals were also used extensively in Connecticut on the four track Northeast Corridor mainline from the 1930's to the late 1960's.

So you want theses, OK I will take the challenge

Send me these photos ASAP, so I have them now if you can fine some blueprints of them send them to me also, If no, these photo's should work or do the job nicely. I have a lot of work going on in building signals now for everyone as you have noticed in the forum threads. I have never really had time for my route building, ever since I started making signals which is my joy to say the least. diamonddamon@southslope.net

You got me Man, It's time to Rock some more.......................

Damon(The Rocker) Trainz Content Creator:hehe: :wave: :) :D ;)

Last edited:
The animation

I have never learned animation yet, getting the board to move and the aspect holder to move correctly is going to be hard for me. Being honest here.:wave:
If some one could come forward and give me some help in this area. Or Teach me or give me a good example to go bye that would help me.
Damon:)

Last edited:
Hey Damon, just want to say that you know that Trainz really seems to surprise one, doesn't it? :D I originally wanted to build my own route but found that fixing assets to work with TS2010 was necessary. I definitely need properly-built stuff (especially signals) for my route. You need help from a more experienced Trainzer than me, but if you need technical data, I can help there.

Send me these photos ASAP, so I have them now if you can fine some blueprints of them send them to me also, If no, these photo's should work or do the job nicely. I have a lot of work going on in building signals now for everyone as you have noticed in the forum threads. I have never really had time for my route building, ever since I started making signals which is my joy to say the least. diamonddamon@southslope.net

You got me Man, It's time to Rock some more.......................

Damon(The Rocker) Trainz Content Creator:hehe: :wave: :) :D ;)

Damon,

This is fantastic news!!! Thank you for taking the challenge. No need to worry about the animation. I will send you an email with all the photos I have of the New Haven Dwarfs.
This is the best news I have had in a long time!

Gary

Question I have your pics

Need to know something more is it a switch or a signal or combination of both. If it is a switch signal then I can make it move in a realistic fashion in its light movements.
I need to know the color aspects also and the indications, meaning what color means what, green of course is self explaining along with red. I will see if I can find the indictions on the internet.

I cannot sent email back to you, any reason on your end. My server will not let me for some reason. I will be checking on that from my end. That's why I posted it here. Is there anyway you can take a picture of the back, straight on, no angles. I need to see what connects to what . and the detail parts I need to make.

Damon:wave:

Hey Damon, just want to say that you know that Trainz really seems to surprise one, doesn't it? :D I originally wanted to build my own route but found that fixing assets to work with TS2010 was necessary. I definitely need properly-built stuff (especially signals) for my route. You need help from a more experienced Trainzer than me, but if you need technical data, I can help there.
I have to get this working,
semphore have always been my goal in signal making and I will learn it if it kills me. I am grateful to you for the drawings of the semphores or the site reference, they will be made and they will work, when thats the question.
I have to learn more even @ my age now.

Damon:)

Back