New Fictional CSX-FEC-NS Route

Hi all,

To add to the FEC and CSX projects, I have started work on yet another route!

Please do not worry, as the CSX and FEC routes will continue to be worked on.

Anyway, this will be a freelance route highlighting CSX, FEC, and Norfolk Southern through a Florida-themed area. I plan on having 3 train yards. One will be CSX and it is shown below. It will have all the intermodal, Autos, and manifest. A Norfolk Southern Route will also have the same commodities. FEC will also have a 5-track yard. FEC will have an interchange with both CSX and NS and even serve a sugar cane facility out west. To the north CSX will split to two lines and one line will cross NS at grade.

On top of this, lots of experimenting will be featured, including YARN and even points that will look similar to actual places that have yet to be modeled. In example, a New River-like bridge will appear down south.

Just think of this as a Florida City and Country!

Here are some screens as follows:

FEC through Maintown Siding, East End. This line will ultimately connect to a Oak Hill like portion of the mainline.

eastendfecsiding.jpg

One of many highways to be featured.

highway1.jpg

South End CSX Maintown Yard

screen_002.jpg

Try using more that 2 textures.

Okay, you know what?

I don't want to flame anyone, but:

I am sick of everyone just going like "oh, you need more textures" and all that.

It's his route, and he can do what he wants with it.

Last edited:
More shots!

I have with me a few more shots.

Here is the diamond between FEC and CSX, in track layout it would resemble CSX in Plant City because of a connection from the FEC side to CSX Maintown Yard.

diamond.jpg

I have also taken a jog in a nice looking sidewalk :p

sidewalk.jpg

sidewalk2.jpg

I appreciate the tips above all! Thanks again! :D

Looking good Brickbuilder, I cant wait for this we need Florida themed routes for the Floridians ! I like the prototype based locations I did something similar with my Florida rails layout i am working on. Its based off of CSX west coast and Central Fl, Bone Valley operations.

Looking good Brickbuilder, I cant wait for this we need Florida themed routes for the Floridians ! I like the prototype based locations I did something similar with my Florida rails layout i am working on. Its based off of CSX west coast and Central Fl, Bone Valley operations.

Thanks, and your route sounds good too! Bone Valley is probably one of the best spots yet! :D

I agree that we need Florida-themed routes. I am looking forward to your Homestead Sub Route! :D

Back