Never in my life did I think I would see a story like this

mrscsi

Happily Retired
By The Associated Press
RIO DE JANEIRO -- Police in Brazil's southeastern Sao Paulo state are investigating the theft of 50 metric tons (55 U.S. tons) of corn from a moving train.

A police report says the thieves greased the train tracks, making the wheels of the 54-wagon locomotive skid and slow down before they used a tow truck with a hook to remove the corn-filled containers.

The report says the theft occurred as the train traveled through a rural area about 180 miles (300 kilometers) north of the capital. The train was headed to the southeastern port of Santos with 60 metric tons (66 U.S. tons) of corn and sugar.

The case is reminiscent of Wild West robberies, where bandits on horses stole from moving trains.

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_new...azil-50-tons-of-corn-stolen-from-moving-train

Either that or Pancho Villa strikes out from the grave:hehe:

You gotta give 'em credit though: you know that had to be thuroughly planned out.

Back in the 70's during a CR strike, a train manned by scabs was blocked near Mineral Point by a pile of burning RR ties placed on the tracks. The train was boarded by multiple angry masked union men, who stole the control stand handles, and left the crew inoperable.

Reminds me of 'Fat and Furious 5' where the main protagonists nicked 3 cars from a passenger train. They used some custom equipment including a truck with a ramp to lower the cars to the ground and plasma cutters to cut the side away from the baggage car where they were kept under guard. SOme great rail/road stunts in that sequence, including the truck loosing control and smashing into the moving train.

Cheers
Tim

Back