Need help with a light rail town

VeritechCEO

I'm curious as to whitch would be easyer on the frame rate. Laying tracks and catenary as one spline, or laying it as 2 (Meaning laying the tracks and then the cat splines)?

I'm curious, how do you get catenary and track together as one spline? I don't have any track + catenary splines, only seperate ones.

Is there any decent concrete tracks with catenary on it? Like MP Concrete track combined with some kind of high catenary (enough clearance for TTX double stackers)?

I'm curious, how do you get catenary and track together as one spline? I don't have any track + catenary splines, only seperate ones.

Is there any decent concrete tracks with catenary on it? Like MP Concrete track combined with some kind of high catenary (enough clearance for TTX double stackers)?
I don't think there is many caternary that has enough clearence for double stacked containers because the height of the pantogragh would need to be fairly long in length..But I'm not 100% sure on this...

Kenichiro's track has the catenary built in. It's only drawback is that it acts as bridges, so you have to lay something else for grades, then replace it with Kenichiro track. You also need to use something else to connect it to tunnels and crossings.
I don't know how tall the cat is.

:cool: Claude

I have a catenary that fits the bill in Surveyor. It's not a track + catenary, but rather, a stand alone catenary spline. I think its built-in with Trainz Classics (the version I have), and it is high enough for double stack cars to pass under. Its "Catenary Double" and variants, just search around "Catenary" in TRS 2006 surveyor and you should see what I mean. Its the one with steel diamond patterned pillars.

Is Kenichiro's catenary decent on the FPS, or does FPS take a hit from it? I'm building a 4 track main line, and from what I've seen on the search function on the DLS, Kenichiro doesn't have a 4 track version. Besides, I need quite a number of switches on my tracks, mainly for branch lines and diamond interlockings to transfer trains between the 4 mainline tracks. I'm not sure if Kenichiro's catenary + track will allow switches and stuff.

Can anybody shed light on this?

Back