Narrow gauge .. Overgrown ?:)

omber

I was bored today, this (so far) came out of it :D

If you go to http://artbylukasz.com/trainz/sectional_ng_shots/x.JPG or x.jpg (its case sensitive and some of them are diferent - my bad :( )you can see a larger,1680x1050 version, there is 11 screen shots so swap x for 1 to 11.

SR&L Rolling stock waiting in the holding yard.

1small.JPG

One of two Garrats (these are from FFest RR) leaves the roundhouse.

2small.JPG

Passing the fueling station. The loco in the back is Moewyn from FFest RR

3small.JPG

Crossover.

4small.JPG

Backing up through the crossover to get to a passenger consist.

5small.jpg

Coupling at low speeds!

6small.jpg

Pulling the train out, heading towards station. The track diverging left is to industrial sidings that are yet to be added :).

7small.jpg

All aboard!

8small.jpg

Railway Crossing - are there any actual object 2ft gauge crossings ?

9small.jpg

Out of town.

10small.JPG

.. and thats the end of the line at 40 kph :p

11small.JPG

Last edited:
That looks pretty damn good - add some ground textures and hills, and you'll have a great looking route!

Don't forget you can press F5 to hide the icons for taking clean screenshots...

Paul

I guess maintenance ain't a strong point on this railway! You need to hire a weedkilling train!

Seriously, those pics are great. Nice work.

Best wishes,
Padster

Hi there

Great work, looks great I'm guessing its for 2006.....

Don't worry I know of a 3N6 NG in the South East of South Australian where the driver used to say "I know the track was here last week"

The chapter in the book One Rusty Rail Called the chapter Cheese, Timber and Steam. The line was built cheap, Old Cracked sleepers, no ballast and just Grass (Who could call them weeds).

Your definally got that kind of feel and its nice

Keep up the great work

Tom

If you look up for example Polish Narrowgauge on youtube, you can see how overgrown the rails are on most branch/ng lines in my home country (I live in Canada now), half the time its just a train riding through bushes :p.

Back