Narrow gauge in Winter; The Freeport & Waterford Mills (1920x1080)

Maybe. ;)

Actually, i was planning on releasing it in a week or two, after a quick update. I ran into one problem though, the backdrops that really added to the route no longer show up (Trainz 12, latest build). I'm not a Trainz asset expert, so i'm likely to spend a day pondering why and moping about what to do...which may preclude me getting any real work done :p.

We'll see...the item in question is "Backdrop Winterdream 720m" by Zatovisualworks. I would really have loved to use that on the Ironton too..

I just downloaded it from the DLS using CM 3.7 with no problems. It shows as a 2.4 build version with no errors.

David

Ahh, now I see what you mean by not showing up. No matter where I clicked, I never did get to see what it looked like. If I get a chance, I'll look under the hood today and see if I can spot anything that would remedy the situation.

David

Ahh, now I see what you mean by not showing up. No matter where I clicked, I never did get to see what it looked like. If I get a chance, I'll look under the hood today and see if I can spot anything that would remedy the situation.

David
Awesome! Thanks :)

I stripped some things out of the config file to get what is shown below and now it works fine. Before modification, I found it worked in TS2010 and TS2012, build 49922. Not sure why it does not work in later builds.

Code:
kind "scenery"
light 1
type "Backdrop"
trainz-build 2.4
mesh-table
{
{
mesh "winterdream.im"
auto-create 1
}
}
icon0 <kuid2:86311:80000:1>
thumbnails
{
{
image "thumbnail.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}
}
category-region-0 "ES"
category-era-0 "2000s"
region "TTR"
category-class "BC"
description "Winter backdrop"
asset-filename "winterdream"
username "Backdrop Winterdream 720m"
author "Alberte Zato"
organisation "IBerTrainZ"
contact-email "azygl@zatovisualworks.com"
contact-website "www.ibertrainz.eu
license 
username-es "Fondo Sueño invernal 720m"
kuid <kuid:86311:1817>
kuid-table
{
0 <kuid2:86311:80000:1>
}

3 missing kuid's,

Two Gfisher bits

kuid:156765:100328 is Indigo Tunnel Rock Texture 1
kuid:156765:100329 is Indigo Tunnel Rock Texture 2

They're supposed to be on USLW, but I cannot find anything there.

One by angelc?
<kuid:324760:28038

Rico

Last edited:
3 missing kuid's,

Two Gfisher bits

kuid:156765:100328 is Indigo Tunnel Rock Texture 1
kuid:156765:100329 is Indigo Tunnel Rock Texture 2

They're supposed to be on USLW, but I cannot find anything there.

One by angelc?
<kuid:324760:28038

Rico
Not at home atm to check on the textures, but yeah...AngelC's item is probably her covered bridge that i wasn't sure if she released or not yet. I'll kindly ask her to today.

~Roon

I stripped some things out of the config file to get what is shown below and now it works fine. Before modification, I found it worked in TS2010 and TS2012, build 49922. Not sure why it does not work in later builds.

Dear guy,

Nitpicking whimsical TS2012 SP1 HF4 update has created more problems than solved. What the heck...!

When installing a backdrop in TS2012 a new config.txt tag is created:.

Code:
backdrop     1

Value 1 means; "Yes, I am a backdrop and I don't want to show off on TS2012 because Brisbane coders told me so".

So, if you want to deceive TS2012 and the mean Brisbane coders -coldfixing them- , just change the code into:

Code:
backdrop     0

...which means: "Yes, I used to be a backdrop and actually I am still one at the gang, but don't tell anybody, please; we are some kind of outlaws from now on".

Enjoy my Winterdream backdrop in a thick snowcoat, guy. It's freezing out there.

The outlawing side of Alberte :hehe:

Postgraphy: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?102377-Hotfix3-does-not-fix-backdrops

More winter backdrops by the same Outlaw-erte:

more_winter_backdrops.jpg

Last edited:
Rooneth are you still around? Hope all is well, we haven't heard from you in a few years

Going to attempt to get this route working in TRS2019.

Rico

Back