Narrow gauge in Winter; The Freeport & Waterford Mills (1920x1080)

Rooneth3808

Ok, time to start off the official screenshot thread for my new route; "The Freeport & Waterford Mills Railway", set to be released before Christmas.

Yet unnamed village where the narrow gauge tracks cross the standard line twice.

Typical scene along the inland branch line.

One of the online mills and the second NG/SG diamond. The town of Freeport is in the distance.

Freeport yard and town.

Freeport passenger station. The narrow guage line terminates not too far beyond the road, ending at a large interchange freight house.

Tracks leading out of town.

For more information about the route, see this thread:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...Rwy-quot-a-Christmas-themed-30-quot-NG-route!

Couple more...

Standard gauge holding at the signal before the diamond

Tallest wooden trestle on the system. Last seasons corn stalks wither in the field.

Train passing St. Nicholas mine (named after a real mine near me in Pennsylvania, and inspired by another). Tracks are on both sides of the river here.

Never done much with snow myself, but these shots look really, really nice. :cool:

Greetings from dusk Amsterdam,

Jan

Never done much with snow myself, but these shots look really, really nice. :cool:

Greetings from dusk Amsterdam,

Jan
Thanks! And honestly enough, i've been watching the "Laurel Line" thread, both because i have a great interest in the route (living just south of the region modeled and being quite familiar with it), and because i've been waiting for a new building or two of yours to hit the DLS so i can place it in this route. :)

Now on to some earlier pictures...

Country scene. You can choose either track to get back to the mainline and coast (but the track to the right passes by one of the coal mines).

Second port town on the route. A branch that winds through the town leads to the railroad's dual track coal pier.

Waterford Mills. This town is at the other end of the line (actually terminating at a lumber mill just outside of town).

Damn, wish I could make it work in 2010.. i mean the content, because the route is quite easy to adapt.

Stunning scenes. I'm freezing just looking at them. I too really like the snow drifts across the tracks, nice touch.

I see a few of my creations there in the pictures. Can you tell me which of mine you've used? I'll give them priority in my updating program to add altitude-dependent summer/snow textures.

I used mostly your (awesome) animals, a boulder or two, and the wooden ties/sleepers, oh and also the Tamaqua freight-house :).

Thanks, I'll work on those over Xmas for you. I guess the animals don't need snow textures, but everything else, yes.

Thanks! I looked over all your available content again (i do that occasionally on content creators i consider top-notch), and found one of your derelict barns has a snow texture. It's now popped up several places along the route. :)

The route is still coming along well. Unfortunately it will not be "released" by Christmas. I will probably finish it up tonight, but i won't be able to get it up on either the DLS or Jointed Rail website by Christmas. I may actually temporarily host it on a file sharing site for those that really can't wait.

Now on to some pictures...

First ever full length test train departs Freeport past the railroad's maintenance base. My background scenery is awesome....or that just might be a 2D backdrop ;).

Passing a local farm. I have the route loaded with extra scenery sounds, from the usual farm animal sounds, to forest sounds, to even distant train whistles (an effect that i think really adds to the route). And yes, there's the barn.

Standard gauge train "speeds" through town at an astonishing 30 mph. What coal the F&WM doesn't haul to the docks or use for online customers get brought here and dumped into standard gauge rail cars.

Passing a seaside village.

Inland junction and old resupply track.

A sort of serene shot. One of the first ever objects placed on the route way back in perhaps 2006 when the route was built in TRS2004 and called "Christmas in Maine"

Another inland junction. Tracks to the left lead to coal mine (and yes, i know there were no coal mines in Maine), the track to the right leads to town.

A standard gauge freight hits the southern most diamond. The standard gauge tracks are set up so that the AI can run the trains with no interference, but the player must be aware and look out, for a SG train should pass about every 15 minutes.

Back