My giant Irish nightmare

@John - Sorry, but those assets you list are not built-in for TS12. They are for TS10, though.

Yes, but I went by the minus KUID meaning they're built-in from somewhere. Which version? There's no way of knowing as I have TS2010 integrated into TS12 so mine show up as built-in into TS12.

This process is easily done. Simply copy over the JA files into the same folder where they're located in TS12. Add in the TS2010 serial number in the options where the serial-number goes for TS12, and then do a database repair which will integrate both products.

@Bobby - I'm glad you got this sorted out.

John

I am in a similar situation and just about to install TS12. I have a fairly large route (not as big as yours by the sounds of it) that I would like to import into TS12 from TS10 . To avoid similar problems should I save the route as a CDP or copy the TS10 original and local folders to TS12?

Thanks
Paul

Hi John,

Kind of sorted. I have all my original buildings, roads, stations, etc, etc back in place it is just this matter of the large numbers of places with part of the graphics colours gone in blobs in so many places (not all of it of course but enough to keep me busy for days rather than building. It takes so blinking long to refill. Going to have a look at Trevor's suggestion on that one but at least my Irish thing is still intact which is the main matter. Once I have eventually filled those gaps I wil then organise some pictures of the South as my website has plenty in the North.
Bobby

www.northernirelandrailwaysaim.moonfruit.com

Hi Paul - If you want all your routes and sessions transferred to TS12 then copy the original and local folders. There will still be missing assets that are built-in to TS10 but not in TS12.

When moving to a new installation there is an opportunity to get rid of any junk that might have been loaded into the old installation. Therefore, you might prefer to save only routes (and sessions) you want, to individual cdp files. Back them up at the same time to a separate storage medium.

Once this is done, try to download the missing dependencies in TS12. If they will not come across, go back to TS10 and list the dependencies of your route.
View them in the main list (button at bottom left of screen)and select all, (Ctrl+A). Save the marked block to cdp and import into TS12. This can be done in batches if it is more convenient. When importing into TS12, don't overwrite any that have already been installed.

The dependencies might have sub-dependencies of their own, so keep repeating this procedure until everything is transferred. Any yellow warnings can be ignored.

Good Luck

Trevor

Back