Multiplayer Noob

Kris94

Banned
Can anyone tell me what's the multiplayer all about? Can't wait to use it. I'm excited!! Anyone tell me what to do please!!:D:cool::udrool::mop::wave::p:)

Multiplayer is when multiple people get together on the same route and session to run trains and manage industries. For a route and session to run Multiplayer, the route, session, and all of their dependencies must be built-in or available on the Download Station, with the local copy unmodified. This is to eliminate the chance of an asset-related desynchronization. In addition, all players must be using the latest Trainz Build (49922) in order to play. Finally, the Auran server must be up and running.

I would like to recommend that you download the UMR-2013-SUMMER Multiplayer route by neilsmith749 and the UMR-2013-SUMMER Multiplayer Session v2.0 by lewiscc65. It's a very large route and you will need TeamSpeak 3 in order to join our session, but the experience is rewarding, and you can join and play the session anytime the servers are up and running. One of our regular players is an engineer for BNSF. You can also download the Montana Rail Link and play that session when it runs.

Try a smaller route, Colourlight redid the PO&N it's a pretty good route and doesn't have all of the latency issues as UMR. Friday nights they run a session with Montana Rail Link. It's a real good route and also doesn't have the latency issues either. Read down thru the forum, you'll find other routes to play.

Last edited:
Who mentioned my P & O Route Lol. Starting with my route, look for the session (not the route) called Port Ogden TS12 MP. It is my first attempt at putting a modified route on the DLS and it was released less then a week ago. This version is a kind of prototype and has given me a lot of information as to what needs tweaking, fixing and what enhancements I can make to improve the playability and make it a more enjoyable experience. Consequently I,m working on Port Ogden TS12 MP V1 which I had hoped to upload Sunday but in order to inprove the gameplay I,m changing the HUD to a more informative one. The downside is I,m having to name junctions and signals earlier than I had planned so it is unlikely to be uploaded until tuesday at the earliest. Look at my thread for further information. It is a fairly large but circular route which is a bonus as UMR SUMMER, as descibed by Scottbe8 is an extremely long end to end Route which does put some people off but not me I,m addicted to it. Both UMR and Port Ogden have a great deal of Interactive Industries, locomotives and Rolling Stock. Lewis,s (and Monti,s) UMR SUMMER does have it,s own website complete with webcam and information about the Route which is now out of date. However Teamspeak 3 gives a link to a browser with a lot of useful files. There are usually a few people in TS at any one time who will give you the Password to join the session. I was hoping to host my session this weekend but I,m working flat out getting my next version uploaded. I forgot to menion UMR SUMMER by Lewis is a 24/7 session which makes it more interesting. But whichever Route you go for there is no need to drag the route to your download box only the session. Any problems you can post here.

Back