multiplay

T_H_0_M_A_S

does anybody play mulit sessions , and so
what maps ? because there are very few when im online

i have steam version
progress.gif

Have a read through the threads in this forum, as they announce when a multiplayer game is either in progress or will be in progress.

Be aware that the Steam version may not be able to connect to many, due to build number differences, which you have no control over.

Shane

why cant i download that session on dls ?

i'm gonna reinstall the whole game first , dunno if it will help

Last edited:
when the game is installed , ill download the multi session for this map ( ver 1.4 on dls ) , then i'll try to download the missing dependencies . and ill have
a look on asset versions . i hope to see ver 1.6

Use the Content Manager as it will update before the DLS, just start trains then when the first screen shows click on Content this will take you to Content Manager, then there is a tab called Download Station press that, this opens all the assets on the Download Station now you can search For UMR-TS12-SUMMER MultiPlayer Session Ver 1.6 press download and hopefully it will download what it needs.

As for reinstalling that is a last option as unless you have saved all the content you have created and downloaded it will be lost.

i only see the ver 1.5a but when i want to download it , it goes red . unable to find ver1.5a on dls :s
ver1.6 shows up also , but content manager cant locate it on the server same error message

it really sucks at this moment , i open the content manager , install the cdp i downloaded through ftp . but umr summer map wont show in available routes :s
Why is this going so crappy ?? ive spend the last two hours installing stuff but nothing seems to work ?
i have a steam version and windows vista 64 . processor is a little old , but gpu is a 560ti . What could it be ???

Steam virsions will only work with other Steam viesion at this time so you need to find others that have Steam. ( it do to the difference build numbers of Steam & N3V' TS12 )

There seems to be quite a few issues lately regarding Steam versions. I have a feeling that it's because the Steam version cannot be patched to the same level as a normal retail version.

Shane

well if thats the case . then i would like to download it from auran instead of steam . i bought a license through steam so i have a legal key anyway . i'm going to send them a mail and see how they respond to it .

Good luck with that - last person who did that didn't give a response.

Anyway, this is one of the perils of buying Trainz from Steam.

Shane

i think i got another solution , since ive got a legal key ,
i'm using and updating a t*rrent this moment .
build version 499XX . its updating the content in the game and later
i'll try to download the umr versions :)

guess what , now i can download the summer version 1.6 , its also downloading the missing contents of it . auran needs to upgrade the steam version at once !!

T_H_0_M_A_S,have you read the Code of Conduct?

Also, there is a joint responsibility between N3V and Steam, as Steam quite often use DRM (their client) for managing the game files (although some may disagree on this). Even if N3V do release a patch for that version, Steam still have responsibility for making sure it works with their systems, as N3V can no longer directly issue patches for the Steam version. (See the Google News archives re: EA for details on this one)

Shane

Back