Most Graphically Stunning Route?

Would love to hear from you all what you believe is the most graphically stunning route!

If its not a part of the commercial offerings, if you could also point to where it can be found that would be awesome!

Thanks!
E

I like: DLS-GFisher- "The Loops" for its extensive scenery and trackage
TPR-"Tehachapi" for its long prototypical run
USLW-"NS Reading Lines" for its hump yard, and highly prototypical run
USLW-"Reading & Northern"
USLW-"Cape May County"

Downloading the "Greenery" tracks and scenery is needed for the later 3 routes, I believe.

There are so many, many other great routes that I have not explored yet.

I'll also nominate George Fisher. His routes are outstanding - though with some of them be prepared to download a gigabyte or so from the Download Station and to get double digit frame rates you may need a water cooled PC. But they are certainly worth acquiring just to see what can be done with Trainz.

Some of the routes shown in the European Screen Shot thread are absolutely awesome, though I've never had much luck in locating all the dependencies needed by any of them. But don't let this put you off if you are determined to see what is up there with the very best of the best.

Phil

Thanks for the replies, I look forward to Downloading some of these suggestions this week.

Any more suggestions?

E
It depends on what interests you as well. Like do you like passenger routes, switching,long haul freight routes,tourist etc.
Or are you just looking for anything?

Try the DHR for various changes in scenery from flatlands to high Himalayan vistas. Woot Woot (the sound of my own horn)

Bill

For scenic freight with some passenger thrown into the mix, mcguirel's routes will not be a disappointment. Ohio Central - A Buckeye Route is a definite winner. Not for 2010 however, but a winner in 2006. On the DLS.

I have found Trainzitalia's Sherman Hill and Rollins Pass routes to be quite nice. I converted the Rollins Pass to 3ft gauge, changing all of the track and bridges and like to run Prowler's steam on it. Quite nice indeed.

Back