More Traffic

RooRocz

This space for rent.
I've always been disappointed with the amount of traffic on roads in Trainz. Is there any way to add more traffic so that a downtown avenue looks like a downtown avenue rather than a back country road? I'm using TRS2006.

Last edited:
You add the kuid numbers of the cars you want to add....there's a thread in the scripting forum titled New Cars that gives info on that....you have to remember that it probably will affect your fps rate....:cool:

No, I know how to do that. What I want to do is increase the amout of cars on the road, not add new types of cars.

Sourdough's suggestion will increase the diversity of car types, but not the volume of traffic. For that you need to go to the roads config file and change the carrate number. For example, Road USA, -1 100598, has a carrate number of 35, ie a new car is generated every 35 seconds. You can use any number greater than 3, so setting the carrate at 4 would give you the greatest volume of traffic Trainz allows, a new car every 4 seconds. You can also set it to 0 for no cars.

Well, it's certaily better now, but it still seems a little low on volume. Is there any other way of increasing the amount of cars, or will it have to wait until the next version. I think there must be a way, becuse I saw in one thread about a traffic light system a huge traffic jam someone ha managed to create.

If you slow down the cycle rate of the traffic lights, you will get more vehicles banked up.
Also, if you were to make a string of vehicles; as one vehicle, that might be a very handy thing to have around when you want more traffic.
Of course they would all move together as one vehicle 'tho.

Back