More On Magicland

BAMMARS

Please help me retain my sanity (i.e. that which is left).
I have spent many hours and exhausted all the resources available to me (forum searches, DLS,computer keys,patience and limited knowledge) but all to no avail.
When I attach a tunnel to Magiclands' Subway Stations (1 and 4) the tunnels continue to the other end of the platform effectively barring the passengers from the train.
I have tried every combination of Stations, Tunnels and Tracks but no joy.
I would be very, very, very grateful if anyone could show me where I am going wrong (Did I hear someone say "playing with Trainz).

:confused: :'( :confused:

Regards. Alan.

also included in the pack is some station track, they have things with them such as platforms, stations walls, etc already connected. if you connect that to the stations it should work. then if you connect a regular tunnel piece to it it won't change.

peter

Thanks. I'm not using your SCS but the excellent already constructed Subway No.1 and Subway No. 4. Despite reading,infact studying, the tutorial on the SCS I can not find any reference to Subway No.1 and Subway No.4.
I have, however, overcome my problem by attaching an extremely short length of track to the station. I realize that this would not be the solution for the purists amongst us but my shortage of knowledge in both computing and Trainzing means that I operate at the lowest level.

See, what you're doing is attaching the tunnel to the start/end before you attach track to the station.
First, lay your station and start/end for Subway Station 1 and/or 4.
Second, lay your platform track, you lay your track by linking track start to middle to end for both sides. Do NOT lay your tunnel just yet.
Third, you take the platform spline and lay that with the same method you did the track, just once, and in the middle.
Finally, you lay the tunnel. That's it!:) I know it seems complicated, but you'll get it over time.

rick4444
Thanks for your advice and your assistance in helping me to try and retain my sanity.
Your instructions work perfectly for the Subway Construction Set but it is not the SCS which has given me any bother.
I had intended to include the kuids for Subay Station 1 and Subway Station 4 to clarify my problem. It would appear that they have, quite recently, been removed from the DLS so I can not do this.

I am quite happy to use the 2 items,together with my primitive solution, but wish to apologise to any member of the Forum for any inconvenience I may have caused.

Alan.

Back