Mojave Multiplayer, hard pulls

fsbrown

Franksup
Anyone else notice the difficult pulls on the Mojave MP lately. Tonight, I could not get the Bakersfield yard consist to move more than 5mph at full throttle with the two big sp yard loco's. I know it is a long train but even with only 10 cars it still wouldn't hardly budge.

This sounds like something got downloaded recently that is interferring with the session. Any suggestions? I've tried deleting the session and reloading it from the dls. Several of the other Mojave sessions have the same problem at least on my machine. Main line consists seem ok, but maybe a little slower than I remember but could be my imagination. Dosen't seem to affected any other routes like MRL MP. :(

Anyone run across this one before?

I posted but it dissapeared so sorry if it comes up twice.

I have had similar happen in the N&W Allalachian East bound coal session with the N$W Y6B steam loco when it wheelslips and I don't treat it gently it takes ages to pick up speed again. The sound is so that one can't really pick up it is wheelslipping and the wheelsip indication is often activated in this session everywhere.
Perhaps your wheelsip settings have gone awry for some reason. Just a wild guess.

Anyone else notice the difficult pulls on the Mojave MP lately. Tonight, I could not get the Bakersfield yard consist to move more than 5mph at full throttle with the two big sp yard loco's. I know it is a long train but even with only 10 cars it still wouldn't hardly budge.

This sounds like something got downloaded recently that is interferring with the session. Any suggestions? I've tried deleting the session and reloading it from the dls. Several of the other Mojave sessions have the same problem at least on my machine. Main line consists seem ok, but maybe a little slower than I remember but could be my imagination. Dosen't seem to affected any other routes like MRL MP. :(

Anyone run across this one before?
Try the driver Command "drive" followed by "stop" a few seconds later

Tried that, thanks, but no change. On the drive command the consist moves forward about 1-2 mph until I stop it. But reverting to regular control gives the same problem. Looks like the locomotives take up the slack and then hits a brick wall so to speak.
Same with any of the AI "go to" type commands. I can delete the cars and everything seems normal. I've even tried locomotacide up to about 40 mph the thing doesn't even derail! I can delete the whole consist with or without the locomotives. Any other suggestions? And could there be any reason it is only this one route?

Ok. I deleted all of the Mojave routes and sessions and reloaded them. Then I ran the extended database repair. The only control that does not work now is cab. Drive command also works. This only seems to affect the Mojave multiplayer session. I was on the Montana Rail this evening and everything worked fine. Was there a recent update that would affect the cab control?

Is the original problem sorted after the reload ?
I was going to ask you a while back to look from cab view what happens to the controls when you 'hit the brick wall' , but I got sidetracked and forgot.
I am asking out of interest I can't really help . Not into multiplayer yet anyway .

Everything seems to be working correctly except for Cab hud control after the reloading of Mojave Route and Session along with the database repair, but I think thats where I was before.

The inside of the cab looks normal, all the controls move as they should with the hud cab controls. I checked to see if the locomotives, when seperate, operated normally with Cab or DCC and they did. Only after I couple the SP yard locomotive to the consist in the yard does this problem start and only in the Cab hud control mode, not in the DCC mode. Drive and stop commands work ok. I thought for a minute that my Cab control was fouled up but when I was on Montana Rail Link the other evening I had no problems or symptoms like this and that feature is built in to driver so that shouldn't be it. (I was going to delete it and reload it but you can't do that) anyway I guess this is a question for the helpdesk.

Last edited:
Back