Modelled After Real Steam Loco?

jukeboxblues

Driver Tom
Happy New Year, everyone. I was hoping someone could tell me if this is modelled after a real loco or not. My friend got it for me for Christmas from the local Hobby Lobby.

Thanks.

LocoMark.jpg

Can you give us more information on gauge, any maker's mark etc. I may then be able to identify it from several books on old models that I have.

Can you give us more information on gauge, any maker's mark etc. I may then be able to identify it from several books on old models that I have.

Looking at the way the maker has used screws & nuts to make the guard rail, I'd say it was an amateur home made jobbie.

Guys, check the link I posted. It's a dead ringer for the the class S.

Regards,

Rob.

Looking at the way the maker has used screws & nuts to make the guard rail, I'd say it was an amateur home made jobbie.

Definitely. It's made up from all sorts of bits and pieces, the whistle looks like a pop rivet!

It looks like one of those shelf models they make from scrap. I have a motorcycle built like that.
I think it's supposed to be a generic Harley style, but it looks just like an Indian Chief.
They probably set a picture of a Russian S-Class in front of a worker in China and said, "Make lots of these and paint them train looking colors."
How big is it?

:cool:Claude

It's 12 inches long and 5 1/2 inches tall at the stack.

I was just curious if it was modeled after an actual locomotive. Regardless, it came from my best friend and it means a lot to me. It was better than the gift I bought him (lol). :hehe:

Back