MK3 Catenary Help

Victorian

Hi all I'm going to start on the catenaries in my route, I downloaded nexusdj's mk3 catenary set and I have no idea how it all goes together :O Is there a guide online somewhere or something?
Thanks
Victorian

Well, Mk3 Cat Wire Splines are suspended between Mk3 supports. On sections of straight track, supports go Push off, Pull off, Push off, Pull off etc... This ensures the wire moves across the top of the pan and doesn't 'dig' down into one spot on the pan, which can cause grooves to appear on the top of it and the wire to get stuck, resulting in poles and wires falling down.

There should be standard Mk3 Push off and Pull off trackside assets which you can 'hang' the wire spline from. I must admit though I much prefer to use Mk1 catenary as Dave's Mk1 range is much wider than his Mk3 range. The built-in cat assets (such as Ukcat...) are all to match the UK Mk3 catenary. Supports are typically about 60m apart. Remember though, that on one side you'll have Pull off, Push off, Pull off, Push off so on the other side do Push off, Pull off, Push off, Pull off. If you do that you'll notice both wires slew across the tracks exactly the same on both tracks. If you put two push off's opposite each other you might notice the actual supports are passing through each other. So like this:

Liverpool - Crewe line: Pull off, Push off, Pull off, Push off
Crewe - Liverpool line: Push off, Pull off, Push off, Pull off

I hope this helps :)

Jack

Back