MARC GP40WH-2

rztaylorjr21225

Thought I'd share some screenshots from my next project. A Morrison & Knudson GP40WH-2. Started it last night and heres what i've gotten so far. Still needs work but so far it looks fantastic. What do you folks think?
marc2.jpg

marc1.jpg

Looks amazing. Can't wait to run it, and I'll probably not be able to resist making an MBTA (GP40MC-slightly different but close enough) reskin for my own use. :p

Best of luck!

Edit: Actually, come to think of it, the T is leasing 3 of these from MPI for service (funny how we are leasing locomotives that are newer than ours, but have already been retired by MARC). Anyway, makes these even more logical for Trainz MBTA service-all I need to do is slap the T on it, and it's just like the real thing (but in a computer).

Last edited:
looks awsome man, gonna make a version with ditchlights (and disabled mars light)?

I'm currently making the MARC version which uses the MARS lights. Maybe down the road i'll slap some normal ditchlights on there. What Company uses this locomotive with ditch lights like that though

Wow man you work fast, and well. Great work

As far the ditchlights Pvincent was talking about (looks like I'm not the only one thinking MBTA? :p ), the MBTA actually has 3 of these retired MARC engines (leased from MPI I believe), which are equipped with ditchlights. The MBTA also runs GP40MCs, which, as the name suggests, are similar.

Some pics incase you wanted a visual:
MBTA leaser WH-2s (notice the little T on the sides of the cab): http://www.railpictures.net/images/d1/3/1/8/9318.1303086912.jpg

MBTA MCs: http://mainlineseast.railfan.net/1128cj.jpg
Incase you were curious :p

Best of luck
-tyard

I have plan to do the coaches as well as the MP36.

GREAT! I've been wanting some good MARC stuff sine I started with Trainz, which coincidentally was almost EXACTLY the same time Conny closed up shop. I was ready to reskin one of the many MP36's that have been announced, but they all seem to have become vaporware.

Can't wait to see them!!! :udrool:

I know! All the good stuff becomes vaporware at some point. I'm affraid that this could become on of those projects. So untill it's released, I wouldn't drewl oover this model (which by the way looks fanastic! Just like the ones I see online!)

Fred

Burned to the ground. Its 4,000 over the poly count. Gonna have to redo it. Learned some new techniques but the ES44 is still going to get done.

Which Poly count are you using? If there is one thing I learned, that poly count is not set in stone......Just look at Cloaked Ghost's new SD70's he is making in the Payware forums, I think they are over 130k each

I know! All the good stuff becomes vaporware at some point. I'm affraid that this could become on of those projects. So untill it's released, I wouldn't drewl oover this model (which by the way looks fanastic! Just like the ones I see online!)

Fred

Love how thats put. Almost like saying I won't believe it until I get it. Another thing is how you put "Until its released" I have created a lot of 3d projects, most not even announced because, sadly, the majority of the trainz population just sit here on this forum and wait for the next release instead of taking incentive and making their own stuff. As far as vaporware goes thats not happening with this since no one has created this. My ES44DC Project will get done but since they're are plenty of those going around I decided to put that on hold for the time being. As far as this being released, who knows it may never get released. That's at my discretion whether I choose to share. Most stuff that I create I do share and release however; there are some things that I spend a lot of time on creating that I choose not to. Its not that my projects become vaporware, most things i've announced have been completed, I just choose not to release some of it. All my released content can be found at www.robertstrainzcreations.webs.com

Last edited:
Which Poly count are you using? If there is one thing I learned, that poly count is not set in stone......Just look at Cloaked Ghost's new SD70's he is making in the Payware forums, I think they are over 130k each

The poly count in 3dsmax is 8300 the poly count in gmax is 12,000 approx

hi

Hi Klinger you speak about 130k polys? You know 130k polys are 130 000 polys? trainz dont have any models up to 70 000 polys that i know yet, because the exporter for max don't export nothing above this poly count and 130k polys model almost stop your frame rates. Sorry if im wrong.
The most detailed locos dont have more then 30k polys.
arraial

Back