Many Missing Assets

boleyd

Yesterday I was greeted with many missing assets. They represent in the program/game as red(orange) cubes. While most were related to vegetation some were structures. An example are all but one NZ House is missing. Most of the older vegetation is missing. Many other also have gone missing. and become ?missing assets". I spent most of yesterday cleaning up TS2019. Today I will waste more time fixing. TS2022.This happens periodically, almost always on weekends. New PC, new OS11 with the issue.

I avoided Speed Trees in the past since they did not even come close to real trees. Now they have been updated and may be worth the time to move to them, hoping that they are A Protected Specie. NZ houses may be a social battle between the mainland and the island.

Yeah ocasionally happens Dick
the kuid2 :127 bug was never really fixed as far as I know, but after dbase rebuild often ok
then we have the change from speedtree type, never found an easy way to change the old pofig to new ones
there could have been made an update list, so we know what old tree is replaced by what new tree
Many older routes have spline trees, but updating them is hell, cause speedtree splines do not exist (is there a reason?)
so you are down to copy paste groups or scrapbook in the new S2
Then we have the fake PBR updates of older textures, yesterday had to repair 32 Auran groundtextures that were wrongly PBrized

consider it part of the hobby haha, it sure keeps us busy

Thanks for the response. I finally was able to get my 3 route merge back in operation with no red things. My many experiences with repair seem to always occur after a weekend process. Sometimes it takes three passes of find and fix to make the route green, not red. Is it worth it. Yes, I am fully invested in Trainz so - complain, fix, enjoy.

It happened to me with older trainz build map when kuid2:xxx:xxx:1 was used in that map while kuid2:xxx:xxx:2 was installed in my CM. After I deleted :2 and reinstalled :1, it appeared in the map again. BTW it is several years ago when N3V promised to add the kuid number of the missing asset to identify what is hidden behind the orange outlined cubes.... So far they just did nothing making a lot of users wasting their time by trying identify whats missing. It is similar with textures which event have no any orange cubes like replacements. All those teasers, who would suggest to solve it by using delete missing assets function are not needed to advice so ;-)

There is light at the end of the tunnel (which are not easy to replace)
Surveyor 2 eyedropper does a good job finding those missing, for scenery item
missing splines remains hopeless.
Best would be, if in the bulk asset replace screen, we could just select an orange box
then choose what we want instead, easy to fix a route that way.

I rarely have this problem. Before I start Trainz, I open up Content Manager and check for updates. Update anything, and then check missing items and faulty. I separated the two because lumping missing dependencies under faulty is messy and I like the two separate.

After everything is okay, I then start up and do what I want in there.

Currently, I have three routes that are missing assets that can't be found and they're scenery items that I can replace at some point if I really want to.

Now, this doesn't mean I haven't run into the same issue. I found running a DBR fixes that.

I wonder if running a full DBR on Friday night might be preventive medicine. Then the in-depth weekend cleanup has a fairly clean (logical) base to work with as it searches for things that it does not like under the "latest" rules.

Well Dick, it's only good until your next download. Lately there are a rash of locomotives being uploaded to the DLS with missing, unfindable assets. This is just a sample of some that I have downloaded recently that have been uploaded to the DLS in the last month, and posting under missing assets has done no good to find them. I have not included a large amount assets from Ilyon, all of which I ended up deleting.
<kuid:7356:105390> CP AC4400CW #9758 by luigiluigi109876
<kuid:474195:101358> Automotor Regiotrans verde A by vvmm
<kuid:7356:105389> CP AC4400CW #9782 by luigiluigi109876
<kuid:474195:101357> Automotor Regiotrans rosu B by vvmm
<kuid:474195:101356> Automotor Regiotrans rosu A by vvmm
<kuid:474195:101359> Automotor Regiotrans verde B by vvmm
<kuid:474195:101360> Automotor RegioTrans verde cl 1-2 by vvmm
<kuid:177684:643> Z1500 Motrice 1Cl_2Cl by gege64
<kuid:177684:640> Z1500 remorque 2 Cl by gege64

I thought I had read where these assset uploads would not be accepted if they were missing assets, but apparently that is mistaken. Routes I can understand, but locos are a whole different ball game.

I downloaded the parts for the Automotors from VVMM's website.

Using TKI, I searched for the KUIDs which led me to his website and a link to the Mega downloads. I then searched there for the missing KUIDs and downloaded them. But as you said there's a lot of content uploaded with missing assets which is annoying. If I didn't think I could use these, I would have deleted them as I do everything else that's got missing parts.

Back