Lymington Branchline v1.0 - WIP - (WARNGING: LARGE SCREENS)

Isaacg

Hi guys!

I've decided to take on a more smaller project, that of the Lymington Branchline. It runs from Brockenhurst Railway Station to Lymington Pier, and further on to the Isle of Wight via Wightlink Ferries. I've got some pictures. The route should probably be finished in time for Summer or sometime around there.

Screen_240.jpg

Sway Road Bridge crossing the mainline

Screen_242.jpg

A "slammer" in BR Blue-Grey livery scuttles across Sway Road after the diverge from the mainline just west of the Sway Road Bridge

< Between here and Lymington Town is just trackage, so there is no need to show any pictures depicting the vicinity at the moment >

Screen_249.jpg

The same slammer slowly clobbers through Lymington Town Station on it's way to Lymington Pier. I'm not sure about the operations of the line, so I just decided it would be Brockenhurst > Lymington Pier > Lymington Town > Brockenhurst. I'll do some reading up on that, though.

Screen_249.jpg

Screen_252.jpg

Crossing over the bridge en route to the Pier

Screen_252.jpg

Arriving at Lymington Pier Railway Station

Screen_255.jpg

Screen_256.jpg

Preparing for the journey back to Brockenhurst

Pretty good. I go through Lymington every year on my way to Yarmouth and this certainly evokes the feeling of the line.

Suggestion: replace the road in the second picture with one without pavements and road markings. Also add a few ponies under the bridge for realism.

I see that you are using Tranzdem, great!! I can add it to my (unfinished) Weymouth- to Eastleigh route which is also produced using Tranzdem. John.

I see that you are using Tranzdem, great!! I can add it to my (unfinished) Weymouth- to Eastleigh route which is also produced using Tranzdem. John.

Sure! that sounds like a good idea :)

I can't get too much progress done at the moment, because I've got a 24Hr virus, and I'm a bit frail(strong enough to sit up, I can't lay down otherwise it'll get worse; wierd I know), but I've done a bit more to the route(mainly around the brockenhurst area. I do need to know of some good content pieces(eg. canopies, etc.), especially for brockenhurst, otherwise I'll have to attempt it in gMax myself.

Yes, I find it is not easy to find content if you have not attempted to master gmax. For instance, Bournemouth Central station as it was in the 50's I have botched up using what i could find on the DLS!
I have laid track right through, which, as you must know, even with Tranzdem requires a lot of "construction work" to get the correct gradients. The route was started in Ts2006, passed on to TC3 and I now have it in Ts2010. The trouble is a lot of the content is not really suitable for Ts2010 and I am almost back where I started, just waiting for new stuff to be created.
Since I installed Ts2010 I have been working on my version of the Somerset & Dorset J R, just to revive my route building enthusiasm !!!
If only Trainz would let us settle with a version, for a while anyway!
John.

Yes, I find it is not easy to find content if you have not attempted to master gmax. For instance, Bournemouth Central station as it was in the 50's I have botched up using what i could find on the DLS!
I have laid track right through, which, as you must know, even with Tranzdem requires a lot of "construction work" to get the correct gradients. The route was started in Ts2006, passed on to TC3 and I now have it in Ts2010. The trouble is a lot of the content is not really suitable for Ts2010 and I am almost back where I started, just waiting for new stuff to be created.
Since I installed Ts2010 I have been working on my version of the Somerset & Dorset J R, just to revive my route building enthusiasm !!!
If only Trainz would let us settle with a version, for a while anyway!
John.

John,

What version of Trainz would you like to recieve the route in? I'm only a 2009-2010 user now, as my copy of 2006 is lying around somewhere(we moved to a new part of the region last year). I can continue in 2009, but I'm afraid that 2009 has been messed up(eg. I tried installing 2010 as an addition to 2009, and now all of my assets are marked with "?"). I can see what I can do to continue in 09, release an 09 version, and start on a 2010 version(eg. delete the trees from the 10 version in 09, cause 2010 lags on my current 7GB system, and then transfer to 2010)

I'll try and get some more pics later today!

regarding the operation of the line

Brockenhurst > Lymington Town > Lymington Pier

Lymington Pier > Lymington Town > Brockenhurst

on all trains (i use the service most weekends to get to the IOW steam railway where i volunteer, picking up the service at Lymington Town)

its a pity all the slam door stock has gone

Back