loss of locomotives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like @DARTrider suggested, a DBR might fix it. From the answer @norfolksouthern37 gave you, I understand that the assets you are having trouble with are either built-in or included with the JR downloads. If you cannot get them to work after getting helpful instructions multiple times, and they are “killing” your game, maybe something is amiss with your database? Maybe try an Extended DBR (Ctrl-DBR button)? If there is any corrupted data on your computer, there is nothing JR can do. Also, “the crap [you] got from the forum” has actually been repeated helpful answers from JR and fellow Trainzers. Give them credit for trying to help, as you have not given them adequate information or simply been thankful. In my experience, a little gratitude goes a long way! 😉

My thoughts.
Ok, a couple of things from this reply. It seems that someone may have highjacked his computer at some point and he took it in to be fixed and the person fixing it deleted a bunch of stuff including Trainz stuff. As many have suggested, Try doing a database rebuild and if that does not work perhaps you will need to reinstall the game. It sounds like you are missing core components of the game that Jointed Rail just uses in some of their items but don't own. As to the help desk. I have been a customer of Jointed Rail from nearly their first day and the few times I have had an issue. I sent an email and got a reply within a day or two ( usually within hours) and every single issue I have had got resolved. BUT, you must give them detailed info on what the issue is and provide details and sometimes screenshots to document the issues.

Ok, a couple of things from this reply. It seems that someone may have highjacked his computer at some point and he took it in to be fixed and the person fixing it deleted a bunch of stuff including Trainz stuff.
I see. I didn’t quite get that part of his post, as it sounded like he was referring to having the faulty JR assets “invading” his computer. I did understand he had his computer fixed though. I figured I had covered that when I suggested that his database was corrupted. 😁
Thanks for sharing your knowledge @mikeman!

i am done with this i almost have all the engines back. downloaded a few routes to get some of the things needed. how can i tell you what is wrong if i don't know what the problem is. i am back to running and that is all i need. i really don't think i was combative even after a few comment's from the forum. one comment has actually disappeared.
i can't apologize no more if i stepped on toes. look at my point why did this even happen? and why only jr engines. strange that the CSX ac6000 wasn't affected. never figure that one out.
i have not lost faith in the game but they need to make it a little less confusing. i have read that several times. new gpu 4060 16 gb and psu should be installed before the week
like your new track (rtxt) and hoping for some csx dash 9 40 engines
ejb
i tried the support form couldn't make it work. so went thru another way ,i forget what is is called. i seriously hope to never change my email. biggest hassle of my life. the reason i buy again engines is because it is the only way for me to get them back. Have a good mothers day.

i am done with this i almost have all the engines back. downloaded a few routes to get some of the things needed. how can i tell you what is wrong if i don't know what the problem is. i am back to running and that is all i need. i really don't think i was combative even after a few comment's from the forum. one comment has actually disappeared.
i can't apologize no more if i stepped on toes. look at my point why did this even happen? and why only jr engines. strange that the CSX ac6000 wasn't affected. never figure that one out.
i have not lost faith in the game but they need to make it a little less confusing. i have read that several times. new gpu 4060 16 gb and psu should be installed before the week
like your new track (rtxt) and hoping for some csx dash 9 40 engines
ejb
i tried the support form couldn't make it work. so went thru another way ,i forget what is is called. i seriously hope to never change my email. biggest hassle of my life. the reason i buy again engines is because it is the only way for me to get them back. Have a good mothers day.
Perhaps if you send some screenshots to Joint Rail support from Content Manager showing the errors this would help resolve all your problems

Nobody will ever know because you refuse to tell us. This is why we cannot help! I, my support guy, the forums, they have all attempted to help you but you simply will not provide the requested information. You only make another thread or begin discussing another thing. You are not offending anyone, but you are being very frustrating by not answering questions.

Idk why you are being combative about something like this. One does not have to be a Club Car member to use support at jointedrail.com and it never has been that way. This isn't an argument, it just is the way things are. You also no longer have to even have an account to submit a ticket - something that was done by request for those who lost their password and the other methods listed didn't work. So please - just stop.

NS_37_663f908263763.png
Its after entering Username and Password the Club Car Member warning shows up ON NON-Member Profiles..... Been an account holder For more than a Decade

you need a Club Car membership to contact them now!
No, you don't. I've contacted JR a few times and didn't need a Club Car membership to contact them. You need an account and for good reason.

Its after entering Username and Password the Club Car Member warning shows up ON NON-Member Profiles..... Been an account holder For more than a Decade
Logged out and logged back in. No such warning came up.

Perhaps if you send some screenshots to Joint Rail support from Content Manager showing the errors this would help resolve all your problems
screenshots of what? i had gotten the game running. yesterday it went down. only jr tank cars and most of the engines.
presently i am tired of repairing and being told it is my fault. the same assets going out again. i have, maybe, all the dependencies to no avail. i am not a computer geek so yes i am struggling. I'm giving it a rest .
have a good day
ejb
the only assets in my downloads were repurchased since the change of email address they didn't carry over. not complaining.
i simply am not going to apologize anymore. i do not have the capability to do this to myself.

screenshots of what? i had gotten the game running. yesterday it went down. only jr tank cars and most of the engines.
presently i am tired of repairing and being told it is my fault. the same assets going out again. i have, maybe, all the dependencies to no avail. i am not a computer geek so yes i am struggling. I'm giving it a rest .
have a good day
ejb
the only assets in my downloads were repurchased since the change of email address they didn't carry over. not complaining.
i simply am not going to apologize anymore. i do not have the capability to do this to myself.

As I said 'Go into Content Manager' take screenshots of the faulty assets and then view the errors take screenshots of those and send them the Joint Rail support team
Nobody is accusing you of it being your fault.

I told my brother this once, if you don't know your way around a computer you simply don't belong near one! Just saying.

Oh! Now, if you changed your email address right after purchasing.. This is a huge problem.. Your email address is to verify your purchases and if you change your email address then technically it is your own fault. Sorry, to say!

my first JR engine was his ge c30-7. i have always bought his stuff and a few rrmods. i wanted the ge c4400 CSX and jr was gong to make it but it never happened. it is always the same four assets that is ruining my day. the one that really gets me is the diesel fuel. can't download it even though it is basically in all his engines and a lot of routes.
i'm pretty sure i have all the dependencies and you would think they would help?
thanks any way i'm going to find something else to do for a wile. my blood pressure isn't very good and i need to tend to that problem
ejb

my first JR engine was his ge c30-7. i have always bought his stuff and a few rrmods. i wanted the ge c4400 CSX and jr was gong to make it but it never happened. it is always the same four assets that is ruining my day. the one that really gets me is the diesel fuel. can't download it even though it is basically in all his engines and a lot of routes.
i'm pretty sure i have all the dependencies and you would think they would help?
thanks any way i'm going to find something else to do for a wile. my blood pressure isn't very good and i need to tend to that problem
ejb
As I originally said, if a base asset like the diesel fuel load is broken, it is likely that your Trainz Asset Database is corrupted. The fact is, the diesel fuel asset cannot be downloaded. It is part of the game.
Bottom line, you might just have to reinstall Trainz. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Cheers

ejb
It does not require yet another story. The bottom line is we can never help you if you do not follow those instructions. You must show us the problems. If you refuse to, then you refuse the help we offer and there is nothing more that can be done.

ejb

Alright! This is what you are going to do..

1) Uninstall all Joint Rail payware products
Make sure that you have the cdp files for them, so you can reinstall them.

2) While on the Trainz Launcher | Click Developer | Choose Rebuild Database
You will need to be very, very patient here

3) Exit Trainz
Note: If you are running Trainz via Steam, please make sure that Trainz is NOT running before relaunching.

4) Relaunch Trainz

5) Reinstall Joint Rail purchased payware products

6) Rebuild database again, see '2' on how to rebuild Trainz database. Exit Trainz.

This should resole your problems, if not! I just haven't got a clue... All I can say, I hope it helps!!!

actually i went to the view locomotives and noticed a orangish looking icon. i clicked it and the missing dependencies were shown.. i clicked the revert to original and all the locomotives came back. probably not a fix but at lest the game is on again. .to hunt down all of jr pay ware would be tedious in the least. i have been collecting his assets for a very long time. i will try this at a later date.
jr i hope a CSX dash 9 40 is coming and maybe a patched Susquehanna.
thanks again.
ejb

This is the proof YOU did something wrong at some time.
Not necessarily. It could be that some of the installs got messed up due to assets being loaded from elsewhere such as having built-in or DLC assets installed with some other similar models coming from JR's website and doing weird things, which sometimes happens with the Trainz database.

Whenever I install new content from Jointed Rail or anywhere else for that matter other than the DLS, I always open up the Open for Edit filter in Content Manager. This ensures that I can see what's going to be left open for edit and after installing everything I'll then revert the open for edit assets.

Not necessarily. It could be that some of the installs got messed up due to assets being loaded from elsewhere such as having built-in or DLC assets installed with some other similar models coming from JR's website and doing weird things, which sometimes happens with the Trainz database.

Whenever I install new content from Jointed Rail or anywhere else for that matter other than the DLS, I always open up the Open for Edit filter in Content Manager. This ensures that I can see what's going to be left open for edit and after installing everything I'll then revert the open for edit assets.
That is one I haven’t thought of. 👍🏼 The thing is, it’s hard to understand what he did to make things even worse, as he claims:

1. He is missing four odd assets. They’re Diesel Fuel, Engine Sand (loads which should be part of the base game), Ditchlights (by that maybe he means the script is faulty?), and EMD 48” 10 Fans.
2. He changed his email, so his JR account is lost I believe?
3. He bought the items twice, trying to reinstall them.
4. He downloaded several routes, trying to get the missing dependencies.

What is your opinion John? This has been making my head spin. 🤣

That is one I haven’t thought of. 👍🏼 The thing is, it’s hard to understand what he did to make things even worse, as he claims:

1. He is missing four odd assets. They’re Diesel Fuel, Engine Sand (loads which should be part of the base game), Ditchlights (by that maybe he means the script is faulty?), and EMD 48” 10 Fans.
2. He changed his email, so his JR account is lost I believe?
3. He bought the items twice, trying to reinstall them.
4. He downloaded several routes, trying to get the missing dependencies.

What is your opinion John? This has been making my head spin. 🤣
My head has been spinning on this one too!

I would select all the locomotives that are listed as having missing dependencies and revert them to the original since one of those already worked. This is indicative of the locomotives as being built-in or DLC.

If that doesn't solve the problem then I would go to JR's website and check for engine component updates. They periodically offer cab and other component updates. These are separate installs that need to be installed manually.

I would also check the Content Store for any updates since many of the built-in JR and DLC from N3V locomotives use the same components. This will update his installed ones as well and hopefully resolve the issue.

And there's still the possibility that these items are in fact open for edit. I have had that occur before and now I follow my method outlined above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back