Looking for hanging/ceiling mounted light assets

rogueranger1993

Narrow Gauge Enthusiast
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to try and find some assets depicting lights hanging from or mounted to the ceiling for use in my engine houses. I'd like something similar to a hanging lightbulb with a lamp shade attached, can anyone recommend any assets? I've searched the DLS, but am having trouble finding anything.

Hi Vince,

I'm sure there must be many others, but I made one for Thai1On last year, which is just the bulb and shade. It's on the DLS as Platform lamp 01 <kuid:68213:28050> and has a TANE trainz-build (4.2). If you wanted it hanging on an electrical cord, I could make that, but it would not be tiltable, just hanging vertically down.

~ Deane

Description:

An overhead platform lamp that casts a conical gradient of white light in nightmode. There is no fixed ground plane of light included, but suitable nightmode light pools (such as kuids 68213:21078 to :21094) can be placed independently below it. The lamp can be tilted in Surveyor by rotating it while pressing the Shift key.

Poly count: 348 triangles/1 material in the day, plus another 192 triangles/1 material at night. Made in 3DS Max 2012. Requested by Thai1On.

kjgKTh5.jpg

rOSBLJj.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer Dinorius, I'd like to take you up on it if you're willing. A version hanging from an electrical cord would be very nice to have. I'll also check out the original asset, as it seems quite useful as well.

Send me an e-mail with info on what the cord length and colour should be. My address should be in the config.txt of Platform lamp 01. I’ll need this so I can send you a CDP file of the asset for checking before I upload it to the DLS.

Last edited:
Thank you. I'll need to do a bit of checking on my route first to see about general estimates, and I'll get back to you soon. Thanks for being willing to help!

Back