lner's Aviation pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

lner

Playing TS2016.....
due to the popularity of the Vulcan pictures I decided to try this thread where more of my aircraft pics can be displayed, I belive the thread to be sustainable due to the fact I am a member of the comunity, I still post trainz related posts, this is just another way of interacting with the comunity.

Please feel free to post comments about the pictures or intreasting stories for any of the aircraft seen and please don't stay quiet if i have given a incorrect fact

If Swastikas on the tail of German Second World War Aircraft offend you please let me know by personal message and if more than four are recived I shall endevour to edit the Swastika off the aircaft's tail, its historically accurate but I am not here to offend people

My first pictures come from the Old Warden (more commonly known as Shuttleworth) Spring Airshow 2008

Last edited:
We start with a ex Spanish Airforce Messerschmitt BF109 the fuselarge of this aircraft was built in Germany making it an authentic 109, the spanish ones were based around the 109G/F varients and powered by a Rolls Royce Merlin engine

DSCF1466.jpg

Next back to World War One and the Royal Naval Air Service firstly with this Sopwith Pup

DSCF1471.jpg

and then with a Sopwith Triplane which is basically a pup with three wings nicknamed the Tripehound by aircrew it is often overshadowed by the more infamous Fokker DR1 Triplane which was built by the Germans inpsired by the Tripehound

DSCF1494.jpg

Now we come to the Royal Flying Corps, the Royal Air Force wasn't formed until 1918, this lovley Bristol Fighter is powered by the first of the Rolls Royce V12 which became the famouse Merlin and Griffon engines.

DSCF1501.jpg

Next brand new from overhaul this Royal Aircraft Factory SE5.a socut seconds after take off

DSCF1506.jpg

This is a Miles Magister trainer flying in Shuttleworths barnstorming Flying Circus with another Magister a De Haviland Tiger Moth and a De Haviland Chipmunk

DSCF1529.jpg

The Tiger Moth taxies back to its parking posistion after landing

DSCF1557.jpg

Civil inter war aviation with the Desouter, it was one of these which became the first air ambulance

DSCF1564.jpg

Now this was built for a competition to build an aircraft for the everyday man in the street I belive it is called a ANAC or ANZAC and has a top speed of 35mph!

DSCF1568.jpg

This large De Haviland 51 called Miss Kenya was the first aircraft to be registered in Kenya

DSCF1572.jpg

This Waco built bi plane is very typical of American iter war private aviation

DSCF1593.jpg

A plane which needs no real introduction the Battle of Britain Mermorial Flight's Spitfire MkIIa this is a genuine Battle of Britain suvivor

DSCF1594.jpg

This is another trainer from the RAF the Hawker Tomtit

DSCF1598.jpg

Followed by the Avro Tutor

DSCF1599.jpg

German Tiger Moth equivelant the Bucker Jungman

DSCF1626.jpg

The Gloster Gladiator takes to the skies, the last of the RAF Bi Plane fighters

DSCF1640.jpg

A trio of German trainers Glodfinch, Jungman, Jungmeister

DSCF1651.jpg

A Curtiss P40 Kittyhawk

DSCF1669.jpg

The Gladiator lands displaing its four flaps

DSCF1695.jpg

The last of the RAF Bi Plane bombers the Hawker Hind, dontated to the collection by the Afgan Air Force

DSCF1704.jpg

Two shots of the Westland Lysander (a personall favorite)

DSCF1721.jpg

DSCF1733.jpg

Edwardian Aviation now (cue the theme to Those Magnificant Men)

The Bristol Boxkite replica

DSCF1751.jpg

The Blackburn Monoplane 1912 origanal gets airborne

DSCF1763.jpg

The Depudessen during its hop along the runway this example was built in 1911

DSCF1778.jpg

Here it is heading for a parking space

DSCF1788.jpg

Finally a close up of the worlds last Hawker Sea Hurricane and it does fly :)

DSCF1801.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome pics!
And that is not a swastika persay...
We all know what a swastika looks like,and thats not it unless your talking about the one in the picture with the 3 planes,but they aren't WWII I don;t think:) So I don't see why it should offend anyone,and since it is historiclly accurate...
Ooopps nevermind I'm blind LOL
anyways it should be fine since it historical in my books

Last edited:
Poor Midland's drooling uncontrollably! :udrool::udrool::udrool:

Love the SE5a. And the Bristol fighter; the wings weren't built into the fuselage and looked quite distinct.

I had Airfix kits of all of 'em. Cost me 1/- 6d each in a plastic bag packet (that tells ya how long ago eh?)

I liked the Lysander too. Odd shaped wings and very cool looking wheel spats.

More, more! Keep going. I'll keep ya secret so the mods don't find out about this thread! :hehe:

Cheers (from a long lost childhood)

Nix

While we are able to view these great planes, I must say I love seeing them.

They are great, congratulations.

Hopefully the mods allow us to view more of them.

Craig
:):):)

OK

Now the big question is.....

Who is going to make some?.

Please

(tremble-tremble, wobble-wiggle, vibrate-vibrate, slobber-drool-quiver-shake)

:eek:

(I am trying very extremely total-concentration....hard....
to contain myself.......oooooohhhhh deeeaaarrrrr,,

I i i iii 'mmmmm slip-sllll-slipping into a morass of lost self controllllll!)

:':)mop: (Mop faster!!!)

thankyou for your kind words, a few pictures from my 18th Birthday present last year a taxy ride in Avro Lancaster NX611 known to her friends as 'Just Jane' I was in the rear gunners turret or tail end charlie as it was known, and I had more legroom then in economy class on a 747 :eek: lol sorry about some fuzzyness but my camera seems to hate really poor light

The rear of the Lanc

DSCF0462.jpg

The front from the Mid upper gunners posistion

DSCF0461.jpg

the wireless operators posistion

DSCF0464.jpg

The rear of the aircraft from the navigation bubble

DSCF0465.jpg

The port merlins

DSCF0466.jpg

I think this is for the H2S radar

DSCF0469.jpg

the starboard merlins

DSCF0470.jpg

some of the engine instruments

DSCF0472.jpg

the pilots instrument panel

DSCF0474.jpg

the view from the front Turret (not much room there)

DSCF0478.jpg

finally the bomb aimers glass......"left, left.....right...steady..steady..bombs gone skipper!"

DSCF0476.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back