Living World?

boleyd

Making Trainz nice looking is good but, what about Living Trainz? Pretty visuals need enhanced, accurate trains working to a reasonable extent like their larger cousins. I understand that money spent on visuals is more likely to attract new customers, but trains without even the most basic time table, collision and derail dynamics, adhesion, failure elements, etc. will eventually need Living World.

I watched a 45 minute video on a "train driving" program. It had all the latest graphics features and focused on a very highly detailed cab for both steam and diesel. Event management was stressed and quite detailed. Very impressive.

Unfortunately, I didn't start the Trainz Living World (TLR) forum (only the admins can start a new forum) but I did start the first thread - simply because I happened to spot a new empty forum and "jumped in" at the opportunity to be the first to post (fame, wealth and admiration from all would surely follow :hehe:).

From what I understand the TLR will automate much of the work that currently goes into creating sessions involving driver commands, rules, commodities, etc. From experience the manual process of creating and debugging a session can be as long and as arduous as creating the route. Whether or not this will meet everyone's expectations of what a "Living Railroad" should be will have to wait until more information is posted.

ASAIK, the current version of TLR is still in alpha and on hold until the HD terrain goes live in the next retail update of Trainz Plus.

My speculations.

Back