Linking Multiple Junctions together

NIARTcar

Graphic Designer for Amtr
Im looking for a way to link junctions together, so that when one is thrown a corrisponding one is thrown as well. My main application for this is to have crossover junctions align in 2012 to make it behave a little more prototypically than having to dismount the cab and treck down the line to change the second juction. In this way when someone wishes to transfering to a neighboring mainline, they need only worry about switching one junction to set a clear path. I thought I remember seeing a session rule about this once, but after several days of searching, I havent found anything that works quite the way I would hope. Does anyone know of any way I could do this?

thanks for any responses:wave:

cheers

Have you tried Junction Link?

If I remember rightly, it's an asset you place in Surveyor, then configure it to control the junction(s) you want it to.

Shane

I use this for crossovers. It controls both switch
machines as per setup.

It can control more than 2 junctions, very veratile
but a bit of a pain to setup. Once setup, it works
great.

Junction Controller v2,<kuid:122381:10005>

AL

I use it extensively at every station. Is tedious to set, but it works like a charm. Now, you set everything and it saves in a session. Not in a map!, so the only way to save is to clone the session with another name. But again, this is one of the devices that should be at the hall of fame of Trainz.

I think what you are referring to is called a "double ended set of points" in the UK. This is where two point switches are controlled by one lever, switch or button from a signalbox or signalling centre. Crossovers from one running line to another are always double ended. likewise the entrance or exit from a siding that has associated trap or catch points. The thinking being that you need to operate both point switches so you may as well cut down on costs and improve safety by calling them one set of points. I hope you find a solution.

I've got 'Junction controller v2' in 2010 but it does not work? After setting up the points and the direction in the info box, i click the tick and when i go back in to it, its cleared itself?

You have to open the route in Session mode, make the settings and then save the Session. If you try to do this in the Route layer the settings will be lost. 'Junction controller' does work in TS10.

Peter

just thought i should point out in the TS12 48249 build settings go to the route layer so you dont have to set things for each session.

Back