KRL Series Flatcar

Bulldog1653

Hello all,

I recently downloaded and installed the KRL flatcar for heavy hauling. At the creator's suggestion, I downloaded the Gas Generator and "Excavator Machine Product" and both of them fit the flatcar perfectly. My problem is that I can't seem to find the industries that will alllow me to load and move these products. Does anybody know where I could find them? Thanks in advance.

First: You can load the items onto a flat car and you can see them, yes? Then they are commodities available on the list. If you install a multiple industry track, and click on it, the list should be available. Manipulate the programing and it should work. No need to pay anybody for this. If you have problem configuring the multiple industry, let us know. I have (finally) been able to make it work quite well and can help.

I could use the help. I know how to manipulate the products on the various railcars but no the industries. Anything that could help wouold be more than welcome.

Jay --

As far as I am aware the only industry that will load and unload those two products is "Multiple Industry New". It comes built-in for TRS2004 and better.

Some say it requires a PhD in Rocket Science to configure MIN correctly. Others say that even a PhD in Rocket Science is insufficient. Anyway, there are tutorials to help the uninitiated. A tutorial that also includes a discussion on configuring LARS and ProtoLARS can be downloaded by a mouse click here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/181596406/IndustRail_2_Documentation.zip

Phil

Thanks for the help, Phil. I'm downloading it as I type this. The main reason for the interest is the coal mine I plan on adding to my layout.

I downloaded the files and read the guidebook on setting up the industries.
The download went fine but I ran into these problems. I keep getting this error message and I'm not sure why.
fight1.jpg

THen, hoping it was just the industry I was going to have problems with, I encounter this when I try to add to the products on the cars. Because of this problems, I've had to use CCP to add products. When I do that, it usually causes the Content Manager or both of them to lock up. Any ideas?

fight2.jpg

Last edited:
Jay --

If you could tell me which version of Trainz you're using I'll do a demo to see if it works.

Just as long as it's not TRS2006 - I don't have that installed.

Phil

That's what I have, Phil. TRS2006.
To answer the KUID ? I would like to add a ton of different products to the industry and to the railcars.
The railcars are fairly easy because I can go to CCP to change the loads, etc.
The big downside is that if I want to add bulk loads to something like a gondola, there are times it will show it has a load but it isn't animated. It still looks empty even though it says it's full.

The kuid file of the product you want to load into a railcar must include a texture file of the product and its config.txt file must identify the texture file with a product-texture tag.

Bob

Hi
I like to just use the KRL with the generator loaded sitting in my transfer yards, because it it such a nice looking rig. I move it around but never worry about unloading it, just enjoy the view.
Cheers
Mike

Hi Jay, Mike --

Hmmm - maybe you haven't been reading my little tutorial?

Anyway, click on this link to download a zip file containing a demo route and a demo session:

http://rapidshare.com/files/222363041/KRL_demo.zip

You will need that flat car and gas generator product installed. If you have made any changes to the flat car, delete the car and then re-install it. The rest is all default.

Install the two cpd files and go into driver.

The right train keeps to the right, the left train to the left.

The right train will load and unload gas generators when stationary between the wooden blocks.

The left train will load and unload 20 and 40ft containers.

Go into Surveyor. Open the Trains flyout, click on the "?" and then on the left train flat cars. Note how I have configured the cars.

Open the Objects flyout, click on the "?" and then the MIN. Note how I have configured them.

Any questions?

Phil

Hi Phil,
thanks for the info I have downloaded and added it to my large Phil Skene Collection.
I just like to look at that rig, it is really good.
Must check the DLS to see if there are anymore of your goodies I don't have.

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks Phil for the demo.
Do you happen to know why I'm getting those error messages when I want to add products to my railcars?

Back