Just screenshots without any significance. 1920x1080 Pixel screenshots!!

60638-b-jpg

Some shots from the UK route 'Dearnbyshire,' now on the DLS......

kQLuTZD.jpg

N4W1B38.jpg

g17cyGX.jpg

HawnL50.jpg

83q6d5a.jpg
This may be the Isle of No Significance, but I think these are just outstanding Photos, realistic and inviting. Thank you for sharing with us.

And may I add, I am a Plant and Tree Person, these just resonate with me!

Made my day.

A quick pic of this outstanding freeware steam engine by Ben Neal...

Q9R6n0k.jpg

...on the DLS, a new version of the ever-popular B&O C-16 "Docksider". Superior in every way, including modelling, texturing, ease of use to re-skin and so on. This is a copy of the "Undecorated Weathered" version, lettered for my home road, windows painted red.

Many thanks Ben,
smyers

A quick pic of this outstanding freeware steam engine by Ben Neal...

...on the DLS, a new version of the ever-popular B&O C-16 "Docksider". Superior in every way, including modelling, texturing, ease of use to re-skin and so on. This is a copy of the "Undecorated Weathered" version, lettered for my home road, windows painted red.

Many thanks Ben,
smyers
It's an absolute ripper isn't it? I was very pleasantly surprised when they popped up on the DLS.

The crew animation is nicely done as well.

Now I can finally give up on the payware version I have which seems to have a scripting issue and isn't really useable any more.

Cheers,
Piere.

Right, Piere. The route I'm using here was actually put together for that version, which proved to be a disappointment for me, anyway. I never cared for it. This docksider is excellent to the max...

Pt4SBlN.jpg

Another view. BTW, the number is painted on the tank as there is no ARN there. I just enter the number in the editor so they'll match.

Best,
smyers

Nice work Smyers, I just picked up the 0-4-0T for my railroad as well, but there are some small tweaks to make such as giving it red windows but mine has a 3-chime steam whistle and brass bell and the headlights on both ends with a visor.

Thanks Claus old friend, always a pleasure. In fact, I stand corrected everyone, as there is indeed an ARN position on the oil tank...

xMgJFv4.jpg

...there are, actually, 10 ARN configurations available. Number 3 has a dome position, too. UP5521, you can change headlights, bells and whistles by manipulating the config file. Be sure to study the readme.html file to understand how to do so. The cab windows are on the new_docksider_cab tga and/or psd.
Best,
smyers

Thanks for the help, my steam engines uses a slightly different shade of red on the windows and doors, just like the other steamers on the roster with a southern look.

Last edited:
Here's a couple of variations...

6kbaq1T.jpg

23 is "out of the box" with only texture mods and ARN, 27 has brass bell and whistle, can headlights, pilot mounted light, a shade lighter windows and doors. Also raised lod distances for the windows as they were vanishing way too soon. That's done in the mesh library.

Best,
smyers

Back