Jointed Rail Smart signal questions...

So the smart signals aren't compatible with TS2009 and what about the crossings?

Smart signals should have a 2.9 build number, meaning they should work for 09.

I have no idea what crossings you're talking about...that you'd have to ask the original creator about.

Be sure to not confuse the V20s with the GRS G types or the TR-2s from US&S.

You can check out the different types here... http://www.rrsignalpix.com/tri.html

My understanding is that Safetrans are newer replacements. I seem to remember one having a slightly smaller face (i.e. spacing between lights) and/or larger target size but that was about it. Also the Reading liked to use oblong faces on signals with less than 3 aspects. I don't know if that was characteristic of the product lines you mentioned or a RDG-specific thing.

I do know Conrail was pretty aggressive about signalling their lines with the Type G back when they had control of the commuter routes so the GrahamSea tri-lights are the most prototypical signals you're going to get at this time for NJT, SEPTA, etc. routes.

Yeah the V20s are actually slowly getting replaced out here in California in favor of the Safetran CPLs. What's funny is that there's still a lot of trackage with Searchlights, but that's slowly getting replaced as well. CTC and TWC is starting to take over, and ABS is becoming a thing of the past in California.

Well I don't know where/who you heard that from, but that's not entirely true.

BNSF50 made the crossings, we however did make the road plates if maybe you're thinking about that.

I need a signal that will see further down the line to the next signal than traditional signals. I have a section of about 10 miles of single track with passing sidings at each end. The AI will not let trains proceed because it can't see that far.

Will smart signals let the AI see this far?

i think we talked about this before. the tracksearch will only go about 15 miles (25400 m). there isnt any way to extend this as tracksearch is part of the core program. you would need intermediate signals in between to continue a search, but the 'smart' part of the smart signals also relies on being able to see the next absolute signal within that search distance so... you might introduce more odds of getting a cornfield meet.

i think we talked about this before. the tracksearch will only go about 15 miles (25400 m). there isnt any way to extend this as tracksearch is part of the core program. you would need intermediate signals in between to continue a search, but the 'smart' part of the smart signals also relies on being able to see the next absolute signal within that search distance so... you might introduce more odds of getting a cornfield meet.

Thanks for the advice. Any chance of seeing an invisible version of the smart signals in the future? This would be useful for modeling areas that were/are dark territory.

Where can I Find Signals like this for Trainz:
Because I got a new Laptop. And I had trainz on my old one and I Had these in it. But I forgot where I got them. Any Help??

c347.JPG

Last edited:
Back