Iportals to connect two routes

flusi737

SBB Cargo Germany
Good evening,

I have a question:

Is it possible to connect two routes via iportals? I mean like this : on route nr.1 you enter the portal, the train dissapears, and you and your train automatically appear on the other route...(in the same game, on the same pc without closing the route and open the other one)

To explain why i want to know that: I just finished the NEC Washington-Boston. The route was so big that i had to stop in New London (i had very low fps on the route, too many baseboards). I started a new route, and built it from Boston to New London. Now i want to connect both routes.... (yes i know about the merging bug in ts12 :( )

Yes, it is possible to do it with iPortal. Say one portal's ID is DC and the other's is BOS. You have to program the DC portal to send to BOS and the BOS portal to send to DC. Make sure to say send trains to user (yourusername) and set it to send only within your computer.

Oh okay...thanks...and i'll automatically switch to the other route if the train goes through the portal? Thats my main problem

Oh okay...thanks...and i'll automatically switch to the other route if the train goes through the portal? Thats my main problem

No, you'll stay on the route your on. You'll have to exit driver, and load up a session on the other route.

You don't have to marge the two routes,but you will have to leave one and start the other where you will
get the train.
In order to keep running in both routes yes you will have to marge them(tricky tho)Because you can't rotate
eighter Route.

Back