Installing Images2TGA by PEV

jlp1551

I have been trying to install Images2TGA by following PEV's tutorial, and when I try to save the notepad to create the DOSbatch to save in CMPData\tools, I get the window that I need to be a system administrator. Well, I tried to change the files from read only, and still get the sys. admin.
window.
How do I get to save this so that I may use Images2TGA in CM?
I have windows 7 home premium, and when I installed Trainz 2010 EE, the Auran file is in Program Files (x86), not just the Program Files, like the tutorial notes.
Hope someone is able to help me. I want to try to get some assets going to work in my layout.
Many thanks all!!!

UPDATE

I found how to run TRAINZ as an administrator, boy what a search!
Now, when I go to install the notepad for the DOS batch file, I am told that file Image2TGA is already there. When I open CM though, and go to OPEN WITH, the drop down menu only shows PM2IM for a choice!
What now???

Last edited:
Did you remember to also run Images2TGA as administrator as well? This will allow it to set up the OpenWith entries.

Shane

Ummmm, no. But, I did find the batch fine and was able to copy it to the open with folder. Now when running Images2TGA I'm getting some data path errors, so guess I'll be hunting that down. Many thanks for the timely reply!

My latest version of Images2TGA does the openwith installations automatically for default Trainz installations. (TS2009, TS2010 ans TS12).

Use the "setup" selection in the main menu to repeat the process.

Also the installer for Images2TGA sets it to run as admin in Win7/8.

Later Edit: I have updated the Images2TGA Tutorial to reflect the changes in the later version.
Get it from PEVSoft Downloads.

Last edited:
Back