Installing DLC into TANE

LieLestoSbrat

LRW and UKBL Team Member
Done a quick forum search and can't find anything clear cut on how to install the S&C pack and Duchess DLC's into TANE. Anyone able to post a quick method on what to do on getting them from TS12 to TANE?

Further quick question anywhere I can download the main 8gb patch? Dl'ing through the patcher is painfully slow and failed the first time on a clean install of the game.

Rob

Last edited:
Done a quick forum search and can't find anything clear cut on how to install the S&C pack and Duchess DLC's into TANE. Anyone able to post a quick method on what to do on getting them from TS12 to TANE?

Rob

Hi Rob,

There's a couple of threads on this in the Kick Starter forum on this.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?122744-TANE-amp-S-amp-C-Add-on

And this one...
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?122997-S-amp-C-assets-updated-for-use-in-T-ANE

I was able to find them because I remembered they are there. :)

You can't bring the content over from TS12 Build 61388 because of the DLC packaging. N3V stated they will eventually update the content for direct import. That said, I was able to bring the content over to T:ANE, with issues as much needs to be updated, by installing it into TS2010 first. I used TS2010 Content Manger to get the routes and dependences, opened up the assets for edit and copied over the folders which I imported into T:ANE on my other computer.

Once the assets were installed, plus dependencies, I had to fix quite a few things, not counting the updates that Mike has done for us. These fixes were done using PEVs PM2IM for most of the problems related to .texture files along with the usual typo-fixes locked into "built-in" assets.

After all this was done, there are still things that need fixing though they show up error free in T:ANE, and I haven't spent the time looking at them yet to assess what the problem is specifically.

I hope this helps you in the right direction.

John

Hi Rob,

For the SnC pack, this is not yet available for T:ANE at the moment so cannot be installed using the standard method although some have had luck with exporting it in CDP format from TS12.

The Duchess however is. As long as you've registered it to your MyTrainz Account using the MyTrainz > Redeem Trainz Code option it should automatically download when you load the game itself. If it does not, click File on the Launcher then click Download Purchased Items, then restart the game and click Start Trainz.

Shane

The Duchess however is. As long as you've registered it to your MyTrainz Account using the MyTrainz > Redeem Trainz Code option it should automatically download when you load the game itself. If it does not, click File on the Launcher then click Download Purchased Items, then restart the game and click Start Trainz.

Yup that does not work....

Back