IndustRail -- the next iteration of Urban IndustRail

Hi Phil, do you have any announcements for new routes that you may be making? Sorry for the OT, but this has become basically a Talk-To-Philskene thread...
MY 300TH POST!

I've just tired the RapidShare link on another PC without the cookie.

On the screen I see "Save File to ... ... your computer" with an arrow that bounces up and down over a PC. When I click on "Download" it allows me to download the file. Is it the same for you?

The thing about all of the file sharing services, they don't make it easy to spot the real download link right away! Aside from the "Wait 894 seconds to download" garbage, you are always drawn to the flashing "Download Now" link that always tries to get you to install a spamming spyware download manager.

Oh well, you take what you can get for free, right?:)

"Please, Sir, can I have more?"

Hi "boyerm --

" ... but this has become basically a Talk-To-Philskene thread..."

That's OK - fine by me.

" ... do you have any announcements for new routes that you may be making?"

You doing an Oliver Twist?

Real life has been rather hectic of late. I do have some ideas but my days of creating large routes on the scale of PO&N and IndustRail are, I think, behind me. Large routes are just too consuming, in terms of time and all other respects. I do have some thoughts about routes about the size of Krashnburne and DownTownTraction. Once they crystallise I'll get under way.

For anyone interested, the track layout, geoforming and basic structures for Downtown and Krashnburne were done in about a week of evening work (OK - no comments like "And they look like it too"). The texturing, additional details and testing another couple of weeks. So doing routes of this size can be done quite quickly. It's getting the right ideas that can take time.

slabay --

RapidShare is possibly the oldest and probably the most reputable of the file sharing sites so your comment about "tries to get you to install a spamming spyware download manager" that certainly does occur on some other file sharing sites is, I hope, not applicable here.

Can you suggest an alternative?

My preferred preference would have been the Download Station, but Ben has an obvious dislike of uploading here so I did not press him about it.

Has anybody had success in downloading my files from RapidShare?

Phil

Last edited:
RapidShare is possibly the oldest and probably the most reputable of the file sharing sites so your comment about "tries to get you to install a spamming spyware download manager" that certainly does occur on some other file sharing sites is, I hope, not applicable here.

Can you suggest an alternative?

Really, I've got a few things on RapidShare, but it was more of an observation on the free file sharing sites as a whole and a warning to watch which of the "Download Now" links you actually click on. It has worked well for me.

Dave --

If you mean "SF-FP45-001" from the Download Station it works just fine for me without any modifications in TS12.

Phil

https://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=122774 This is the one I was talking about. It says "missing dependancies", (I just downloaded it), is that normal? Or are there things I still need to get for it? I don't get what the person who made it is trying to say when they say "You will have to download and to commit the Loco Sound FX Library V1 from Trainz
Pro Routes - Download Depot - Locomotives parts - Loco Sound FX Library V1." So if you could help me decypher it that'd be great. Thanks.

https://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=122774 This is the one I was talking about. It says "missing dependancies", (I just downloaded it), is that normal? Or are there things I still need to get for it? I don't get what the person who made it is trying to say when they say "You will have to download and to commit the Loco Sound FX Library V1 from Trainz
Pro Routes - Download Depot - Locomotives parts - Loco Sound FX Library V1." So if you could help me decypher it that'd be great. Thanks.
No, you don't because I haven't downloaded that file and it still works. Of course, I have it in TS MAC (TRS2010EE).

Loaded it in TS12 Sp1 only problem so far is the concrete supports you used have dropped in some places, oh well easy fixed I hope.

Tom

Back