Import from TRS2009 to TRS2010

jukeboxblues

Driver Tom
I bought Leefer's Berkshire locos for use in trs2009 and would like to import them into trs2010. Can someone tell me where I can locate them in the trs2009 folder tree?

Thanks,
Tom.

Start TS2009 Content Manager, find the Berkshire loco, right click it and select Save to CDP and point to a tempory folder (perhaps C:\windows\temp). Then start TS2010 CM3.3 and select File - Import CDP and point to the loco's .cdp file in the temp folder.

Bob Weber

Thanks, Bob, but what I was asking was if someone knew where in trs2009 I can find the Berkshires so I can import them into trs2010.;)

Thanks, Bob, but what I was asking was if someone knew where in trs2009 I can find the Berkshires so I can import them into trs2010.;)
Without going through all the hash folders to find it, bearing in mind that your folders will differ to everyone else's, no one can tell you.
Could use use windows search for the kuids in the local folder but why bother? when as already said, save as CDP in 2009 and import the CDP to 2010 takes seconds without getting complicated.

Forget 2006 and older methods, you can import the whole local folder, however if you open anything in there the files are in a compressed format and not editable or readable. Safest to keep out of it.

The kuids in TS2009 are stored in a database and are not directly available to you. That's the purpose of the Content Manager. It provides easy access to the database, provides a method to export kuids out of the database in a compressed form (Save to CDP) and that can be easily imported into TS2010.

Bob Weber

Last edited:
Back