ID on kuids please

angelah

Hi all,
I have done a TO on this route because loads of objects are missing. It's one of my own (blushes in embarrassment...) and I would like, if possible, to locate where they are - not on the DS for a start.

My first problem comes with at least one of Domsartos assets, a road junction he made especially for this route, don't know the kuid because the asset no longer lists on the DS, it did a short while ago. I think Dom asked for some of his content to be removed from the DS so maybe this was one, but where did it go to?

Next a paulzmay asset, again not on the DS; 134105:27104.

Then a kuid that isn't on the DS, and this is most odd because I thought I had used practically everything from there for this section of my WCL(3). It's 213782:38002 and 38038, so 2 assets actually.

I got a miss on one of Bloodnoks older assets: 60850:38003 Tube Tunnel Entrance.

All are older assets, most likely prior to and up to 2004, as the route was being made in 2004 a couple of years back.

Tried searching the Internet but the reply was instant, no document (or whatever it was, can't remember) of this type/name. So how does one search the Internet for a kuid then? Very puzzled about that as again many people say they do.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Angela

Last edited:
Angelah. Nice to hear from you again. I chase down a few kuids on the net. I usually just put in kuid:xxxxx:xxxxx and then trainz. Some are difficult. Especially the euro ones. Since going to windows 7 I have lost the translate button in google.Anyone know how to activate? further to Angelah, The community site link is also excellent if you find out what site your creator is on.
baz

Ouch! I'd forgotten I'd even put that in the beta roads pack I posted on the old UK Trainz forum. It's a spline of chevron road markings that I'm working on a much improved version of. Unless you really need it now, I'd suggest waiting a few weeks until I finish its replacement (09 and upwards only). I'd rather do that than release something I've already superseded.

Paul

p.s. I don't think Dom actually had anything removed. He did, however, note that some of his items had disappeared, though I seem to remember he thought they had come back.

p.p.s. Try googling either 'trainz' or 'kuid' with either the entire kuid, or just the first part. It usually turns up something....

Last edited:
60850:38003 is grey wood clean std 16m, I guess track, check your kuid again.
Kuids 213782, have a look at AC Monkey Wrench models.

Thanks all

Thanks to all who replied, more than I expect... so a surprise.

I went right through Dom's assets with all option up to 2004 ticked, got nowt on the road junctions. But oddly I loaded an earlier version of the same route, did a Trainz Echnage and it got them, goodness where from.

fran1: The kuid is bloodnok's, not monkeywrench... have tied again bit didn't find it.

paulzmay: I am working in 2004 so an 09 asset won't show. The route was started in 04 so I'll continue now I have a lot fo work done and I can always transfer into Tc or '10' later. I didn't think I used it to be honets, Dom made two or three for me so there wasn't a need. I think it might be Trainz Echange being awkward.

Blackwatch: Thanks for the link, I'll try it.

baz66: Thta's exactly what I typed in, seemed logical to me but Internet Explorer wouldn't go look, an immediate 'can't find it, go away' is what I got. Tried it in various disguises too but still the same. I run IE 7 BTW.

Another short list, but some seem a bit odd to me, like the ccordes ones, they are toy trainz and I don't use those on a route.

52519:37040 mgreen48 is the lad who made this. Might be a road. NOT found....
84912:50207 niffi. Has he/she got a site? This brook, not niffi. YES, found on my second drive
68236:23100; Magandy a possibility is connecting rods. Actually Old Tarred Fence, YES found on my second drive
37028:27010; hentis. Yes, found, again second drive
122285:3499, Andi06. Station Library, YES found on my second drive
50587:66:1 is a colhad asset, no idea what it might be. Small Shed, YES found on second drive.
And a whole raft of 1942 ones by Tafweb... 11/12. NOT found, any of them.

So that's updated...

Angela

Last edited:
The 60850 kuid is Bloodnoks, I have it that's why I asked you to double check it.
The 213782's are at monkey wrench models, I've found them for you. 38038 is a contour tool. 38002 is invisible track line.
The 52519 kuid has 3 versions, the original and :1 and :3. It is as you say a road (simple).

Last edited:
Thanks chaps

Many thanks for the replies again chaps.
I did another search but could not get any up, not even with every Trainz versin ticked.... why won't it work for me????

I'll go to those sites and thanks for the 2 links, a great help.

But this raises an issue I think. What happens when the sites close down? What happens when Auran (in their wisdom?????????) remove older assets from the DS, as they are doing, because many are not there or come up no longer available for download.
This will not be just confined to 2004, which is now 7 years on, it will eventually effect every version of Trains as each ages (I know the feeling...!! ha ha). Content will gradually disappear from the DS because it's 'old' and sites will close for one reason or another.
So what happens to the routes then? I suppose they could be upgraded with new content.... but as I am getting on in years I don't think I will be around that long to do it, and it would mean almost virtual rebuilds in some cases.
Take WCL1 for instance, Paddington to Reading made in Trainz 2004. It took 3 years and I don't think I could go through the process of remaking that lot..!!
And if assets are not available how do you get them out of a route to be replaced? Like me right now, cannot find several assets and I get route errors on start, like error in line XX, how does one repair that?

But first I go asset hunting... should keep me quiet for a while....

Cheers to all who have posted.

Angela

Something that has been asked many times and not just here in Trainz. Every program that has a long life eventually has to decide what to do with old assets. It may sound harsh or crass but who should pay for the storage and delivery systems? The few that still want them or all the newer users who don't use them? No one says anyone has to upgrade but there are consequences, this being one of them.

Good luck in finding the old kuids. Considering the speed at which sites come and go on the Internet, it's a wonder that some of them are still around. Especially the personal sites that were only created for the fun of the hobby. One reason I'm always hesitant to recommend third party hosting sites for Trainz content. Unless they have very solid funding, they can and will disappear the moment their ISP fees are not paid.

If your 2010 CMP is anything like mine it lies. Under the Download station tab I get only a few thousand items on the DLS. If I open the All tab I get all the DLS but most items have the ? mark icon for unknown location. But Ive found that selecting them they will still download and install with no problem, wierd. Ive found kuids that CMP said it could not find this way.

If your 2010 CMP is anything like mine it lies. Under the Download station tab I get only a few thousand items on the DLS. If I open the All tab I get all the DLS but most items have the ? mark icon for unknown location. But Ive found that selecting them they will still download and install with no problem, wierd. Ive found kuids that CMP said it could not find this way.

This is a 2004 search for older assets. I need them back so I can then delete them from the route because as nobody can get them there's no point in leaving them in.
The first search was with Trainz Exchange and that produced most. The ones that didn't get are the ones I am searching for by hand, at any location I can think of.

Got quite a few but none of Tafwebs 370xx series at all, so goodness knows what they are or even where they are. Did his site but cannot find them there, which is really odd.
These are 1942 :-
37018, 37024, 37015, 37028, 37027, 37017 and 37016.

Anybody????

Angela

they are

37015 -basic platform spline.
37016-fence for electrical substation.
37017- a white fence for rear platforms.
37018- brick wall for rear platforms.
37024-dark wood fence with diagonal slots.
37027- double_faced platform spline.
37028- wider platform spline.

Now the better news. They all show as dependencies of a route called UK Pastures kuid 124632:8289.
The 1 in the kuid may be wrong, I can't read my own writing.

Last edited:
According to the kuid list on tafweb's site these are built in to TRS2004.
The ones I have put names to are ...
37015 MS Platform
37017 MS Fence
37024 MS Fence Diagonal
37027 MS Platform Double
Hope this helps.

Regards Dave.

Just checked with TO, 1942:37018, 37024, 37015, 37028, 37027, 37017 and 37016, are all built into 2004 under 'Track/Trackside', so you should have them Angela.

to1942.jpg

Last edited:
Really odd...

Well that's really odd. This is a good and new installation of 2004 and brought right up to the last version number, so I can't understand why they are being listed as missing.
Haven't
been in yet this morning but I will. I am sure those assets are used and showing in-game though...

Many thanks for all the constructive help offered.

Bless you all,

Angela

Just checked and as you both said, they are listed. So why is Trainz Exchange saying they are missing???

Last edited:
Getting there...

Hi all,
Getting there: The list of missing assets is now down to4, so that's not bad going.
And at last TO has 'seen' the MS files mentioned above and is not listing those any more.

kuids are; 134105:27104 (Industrial)
213782:38002 (Civil Bldgs)
213782:38038 (Civil Bldgs)
2:87158:1023:1 (Locos)

Can anybody shed light on these please.

I posted in the 2004 section as well because I am getting some strange messages I do not understand. So any advice or direction about those would help enormously.

Blessings,

Angela

Most embarrassing - again!

Yes, deep red blushes... 2:87158:1 is my own asset.... twit.

But somehow it had gained a slightly different kuid inside the config. That's now corrected. At least I can delete it and then redo the kuid to my new setup and replace. One problem solved.

Angela

More good news...

Yes, anoter small step forward. I have got rid of most of the messages by rebuilding the Chump file.
The only 1 left now is the void scenery::Setup(Message), line-1
Goodness knows what that means.

Still 3 missing assets though, very annoying, I hate the black screen of death...

Angela

Back