I would like to start a petition to Auran and the Mods

dreddman

Oct 01 Ver 1.1 owner
Sign in here if you AGGREE!! with ME
My Question is "Why cant we just have one Thread in community to show wonderfull pics like LNER has posted ..and others have tried ..not a general off topic (as we all would like) but just a general pics thread There's one over in screnshots to do with modeling and everyone who posts dont always make Trainz?........."
You dont have to tell me why we dont have a general off topic section as I am a old hand around here I know WHY!!.......
Why cant we have something like the Amazing Picture thread or something like that So if you see something while out n about you can post a pic or tell us about ......Let the mods POLICE IT so there is no crap there.
I think we need something like this to start bonding like a community again just my 20c worth "AND GREAT PICS LNER"
YOUR THOUGHTS.............................

Count me in too,
Loved the photos,and am delighted to see you have got them on your own website.Well done lner.
Regards Bruce

I'd say we might as well go all the way and demand an off-topic board.

(Some of us have lives outside of Trainz, you know.)

I agree, I take it it would be something like "look what I was at 'name here' station? *picture of a train doing train stuff*"
And not "look, I'v found a crisp that looks liek the queen *pitcure of a crisp that only by squinting your eyes you see a shape that looks half like the queen*"

A lot of forum users equate "Off-Topic" with "Anything Goes" behaviour. I'm sure that most are aware the Auran is not monitoring the forums on a regular basis because of workload but instead, entrusting the Community Moderators to do that. What a lot of people don't know is that there a very few active moderators to look after the forums we have now. To re-introduce a forum like off-topic just demands more of our volunteer time which is in short supply.

There are more than enough areas here to discuss trains of all types. I personally don't want it cluttered with non-train info. That's my own view.

Besides....be careful what you wish for.

I regret to say, that I have do decline signing this so-called* petition about allowing an off-topic forum. Although they can be fun sometimes, I really like to keep forums for what the subject they are designed for.

Let's put this way, you wouldn't do a spelling test in a maths test

RooRocz said:
I'd say we might as well go all the way and demand an off-topic board.
(Some of us have lives outside of Trainz, you know.)
So why not use other forum boards related to the subject?

Smileyman said:
There's clearly enough people here who DO want to have off-topic conversations with friends that they have here.
How do you really know? What about all the members that either don't take part in polls or don't post? If a poll was taken, it would be the majority of how many took part. If "voting" in a poll was compulsory on these forums, the result may be very different.

If LNER or any member wants people to see their off-topic pictures etc, just use the signature space as LNER has already done.

* No offence Dreddman, but a petition is suppose to have a more formal wording, be it on paper or internet.

Last edited:
I still say LNER's pics belong in Prototype Forum.

New forum not necessary. I still say LNER's pics belong in Prototype Forum. As a matter of fact I would have liked to see at least a discussion of the possiblity of those planes being modeled for Trainz. Remember the slogan "planes for trainz!".

I dissent.:cool:

Dissent is noted by the community which promptly decides to pelt the dissentor with rocks and garbage.:eek:

Back