I have 2 questions that need ansers.

Relick

Hi to All.
I need help in creating a schedule (I don't know how to do it" and can some one tell my why edited sessions are not saving ( I enter all the stops, load commands etc, save upon exit, but nothing saves)
I have over 320Gb of empty space on my Trainz drive, so space is not a problem. I am ready to rip the 3 remaining hairs from my head.
I'm running trs22+
Please help.
Thanks in advance.

I have included images of the above issue at this link https://postimg.cc/gallery/VfB6wWC

I deletted all sessions. closed trs22+. Rebooted my PC. Did a database repair. selected my route. eddited session details to include only drive to "every station" on my route. saved session details. edited enviroment to my favorite time. saved this and went to drive my saved "but not saved" session. exited drive session. exited game. Rebooted again. sellected session to drive. Old previous session came up. New saved session did not.

I am now beyound incredulous with this issue. My next thought is to uninstall TRS22 Plus entirely, remove all refference to Auran/NV3/TRS22 Plus for the registry on my PC. Reboot and reinstall.

Last edited:
Can't help you with the first one, sorry.

The second one, is TRS22 being run with administrator privileges (assuming you're on Windows)? I've found that I have issues saving routes and sessions and such if it's not. Double-check that Trainz is being run as an administrator and see if that fixes anything.

Matt

You should have no issues saving as a regular user. Check that you don't have multiple default sessions saved under the route. If you do, then this is the issue. We've all fallen into this trap. The other gotcha is the new Universal Driver Surveyor. UDS can throw you off if you've been saving because you can end up with drivers out of sequence, and things saved on the wrong layer.

When I set up a schedule, I do it in a base session I created specifically for the route. This includes all the configurations for anything that needs setting up such as industry queues, stations, and driver schedules.

Occasionally when saving, you may be asked to save the route too. Do as requested otherwise things won't save properly.

Can't help you with the first one, sorry.

The second one, is TRS22 being run with administrator privileges (assuming you're on Windows)? I've found that I have issues saving routes and sessions and such if it's not. Double-check that Trainz is being run as an administrator and see if that fixes anything.

Matt
Hi Matt. I tried running as administrator and it still didn't work. Thanks for your suggestion. I'm ready and willing try anything.

You should have no issues saving as a regular user. Check that you don't have multiple default sessions saved under the route. If you do, then this is the issue. We've all fallen into this trap. The other gotcha is the new Universal Driver Surveyor. UDS can throw you off if you've been saving because you can end up with drivers out of sequence, and things saved on the wrong layer.

When I set up a schedule, I do it in a base session I created specifically for the route. This includes all the configurations for anything that needs setting up such as industry queues, stations, and driver schedules.

Occasionally when saving, you may be asked to save the route too. Do as requested otherwise things won't save properly.
Hi John. I tried that and still no change. TRS22 Plus is really getting at me. Have a good day and thanks for your suggestion.

The fact that you are using "Default" as the name of a session rings alarm bells for me. I always give a session its own distinctive name (not "Default"). It is all too easy to load a route without also loading the session and then wonder why the rules, driver commands, etc you entered last time have disappeared. I always load the Session unless I know that I will only be working on route details (track, scenery, etc).

The fact that you are using "Default" as the name of a session rings alarm bells for me. I always give a session its own distinctive name (not "Default"). It is all too easy to load a route without also loading the session and then wonder why the rules, driver commands, etc you entered last time have disappeared. I always load the Session unless I know that I will only be working on route details (track, scenery, etc).
Hi, I will do a save of a new session using the route name in the same process as before and see what happens. Thanks for your suggestion.

I have uninstalled TRS22+ from my PC. Regedit has been utilised to remove all traces of TRS22+. A new install of version number 123794 has been downloaded and installed. TRS22+ has been redirected to my data directory. base sessions are not being saved nor are sessions in drive. I am at my wits end with this. I have also tried creating a new play route (that saved) but session info for the new route did not. I also installed TRS22+ on a different hard drive (in case it was an issue with my SSD. This made no difference either) is there a bug in version 123794 ??. I really have no idea what to try next. I now have only 2 hairs left on my head and I feel by the end of today that may be reduced to zero. Any suggestions of any kind will be accepted.

Hi, I will do a save of a new session using the route name in the same process as before and see what happens. Thanks for your suggestion.
Hi pware. I tied your suggestion and saved with the route name. This unfortunatly did not solve the issue. Thanks for your suggestion.

What antivirus program are you using?
Have you excluded your TRS-Plus and data folder from real-time scanning?

Antivirus programs can wreak havoc with Trainz as they interrupt the various functions such as decompressing the .tzarc files Trainz 22 and Plus use for saving data.

What antivirus program are you using?
Have you excluded your TRS-Plus and data folder from real-time scanning?

Antivirus programs can wreak havoc with Trainz as they interrupt the various functions such as decompressing the .tzarc files Trainz 22 and Plus use for saving data.
I'm using McAffe antivirus. It's not disabled as I have always had it on and it's never caused an issue to date. I will however disable it when I reboot after downloading TRS22 PE. I going to see if my issues are the same in PE as in Plus. If my issues remain and persist in PE, I will disable McAffe and see what happens. Thanks for your suggestion. I will get back with an update.

Another failure. Downloaded and installed TRS22 PE. fired up TRS22 Plus and converted my roue back to 10 meter grid, exported my route to CDP. Installed CDP to TRS22 PE. The exact same thing happened. Base session did not save. Tried running TRSS Plus with administrator rights, no change. Disabled McAffe antivirus. fired up TRS22 Plus and no change to session behaviour. I even deletted all sessions and shut TRS22 Plus down. Turned my PC off for about 20 mins, Booted the PC and TRS22 (with antivirus and without antivurus running) same old same old... Base session saved with a new and unique name, but would not run. Rebooted yet again and still base session has reverted to a previous deletted session. No sign of my last save of base session with its unique name.

Some PC Specs.

ASROCK Motherboard B560M PRo4-ac
UEFI Cmos
Intel core i5 10400f 2.90 Ghz Cpu
Kingston Furry 32Mb Ram
Windows 64 bit build 22631.3374
CT48BX500 SSD1 480Gb (Boot Drive) TRS22 Plus installed. FREE SPACE 262Gb
Sandisk SSDplus 480Gb (Secondary boot contains bottable Clone of Boot drive)
ST1000DX002-2DV162 1Tb (Data Backup)
two (2) ST5000L-2AN70 5Tb (storage drives)
WD Elements SE263 USB 1TB (back up of Data back up drive)
Saphire PULSE AMD Radeo RX6600 Gpu Gaming 8Gb
Titan Army N27QHD 144Mhz Curved Gamming Minitor.
Power supply 800Watt.

Boot drive is sitting at 77% Good. Temperature under load running TRS22 Plus is 25 degrees Celsius.
Secondary Boot (Clone) is sitting at 90% Good.

I have also run Windows 11 Memory diagnostics (just incase there was faulty memory stick) Results were no faults found.

Maybe some one can see a hardware issue beside the 77% Good of the boot drive.

Thanks for putting up with me and my issues. It is a nice sunndy day here in Whangarei New Zealand, so I going to take my wheelchair bound body outside and try to tidy some of my gardens.

Last edited:
converted my roue back to 10 meter grid, exported my route to CDP. Installed CDP to TRS22 PE. The exact same thing happened. Base session did not save.
I have a stupid question - but I am frequently told that I am good at those!

When you say "exported my route to CDP" did you also export the session. All session data (rules, driver commands, product loads, etc) are saved in the session and not the route.

You will need to load the session and not just the route.

I have a stupid question - but I am frequently told that I am good at those!

When you say "exported my route to CDP" did you also export the session. All session data (rules, driver commands, product loads, etc) are saved in the session and not the route.

You will need to load the session and not just the route.
Exported the whole shooting box. Sorry I should have mentioned that in more detail. Thanks Ray.

Firstly you say you saved the session and then edited the environment. After editing the environment did you save it again?
Are you opening from just the route or opening from the session?

Firstly you say you saved the session and then edited the environment. After editing the environment did you save it again?
Are you opening from just the route or opening from the session?
I saved the edited enviroment and the session. (Base sessions are not saving nor are sessions from within Drive) I have tried opening the route base session (session not saved) and opening the in drive session again nothing saved.
This morning I uninstalled all versions of trainz from my PC. Removed all links to NV3 Games from my resgistry. used and uninstall tool to remove any remenants of NV3 Games from my PC, rebooted, downloaded and re installed TRS22 Plus from NV3. Re booted and installed the CDP's that I had made (including Route, Sessions, and all content. Did a data base repair and sessions both in Base and in drive will still not save. Only 2 hairs on my head. I worked for many years in the computer industry and am confident is clean the registry and associated files/links from within it. Thanks for your question.

I saved the edited enviroment and the session. (Base sessions are not saving nor are sessions from within Drive) I have tried opening the route base session (session not saved) and opening the in drive session again nothing saved.
This morning I uninstalled all versions of trainz from my PC. Removed all links to NV3 Games from my resgistry. used and uninstall tool to remove any remenants of NV3 Games from my PC, rebooted, downloaded and re installed TRS22 Plus from NV3. Re booted and installed the CDP's that I had made (including Route, Sessions, and all content. Did a data base repair and sessions both in Base and in drive will still not save. Only 2 hairs on my head. I worked for many years in the computer industry and am confident is clean the registry and associated files/links from within it. Thanks for your question.
Hello! I have read the exchange of messages above and is definitely weird what you have.

For a couple of years I have "specialized" :) in solving weird trainz issues, and this looks interesting to me indeed. It would be great if you have a Discord account so we can talk there.

Best,

Hello! I have read the exchange of messages above and is definitely weird what you have.

For a couple of years I have "specialized" :) in solving weird trainz issues, and this looks interesting to me indeed. It would be great if you have a Discord account so we can talk there.

Best,
Hello. Yesterday I decided to fire up my old games PC. I had TRS22 on there. So I decided to play with that. My route was there. That prompted me to delete TRS22 Plus and all saved routes from my main PC. In a leap of faith I then reinstalled TRS22 Plus from NV3 Website (as done before). I then proceeded to erase all of the freshly installed TRS22 database. I copied the database from my old pc direct to the newly created TRS22 Plus install location on my main PC. I did a database repair, booted TRS22 Plus and created a new base session and then drove my route. In game sessions are now saving, so is the base session. All now works as it should.

New Update to the above.
Sessions saving but after a few stops at stations the session is now being ignored. Train driver disapeared and Locomotive driving by it self to unknown destination. A databse base repair and complete PC shutdown and reboot has not solved the runaway train. (base session and in game session are both there but being totaly Ignored.

My next move later today is to re re re install TRS22 Plus onto one of my 5TB mechanical drives as see what happens then. Well I tried that and that failed as well. Next step ? Give up for a while, maybe I can't see the wood through the trees?

I don't use any peer to peer programs due to security issues. (sorry Fineas 10)

Thanks for your interest. Ray

Last edited:
Some progress has been made. Base session still not saving but in game sessions are. New install of TRS22 Plus and instead of installing CDP files into new program or directing the program to the database, I did a disk copy of my data base from my old PC overwritting the existing batabase and the aforementioned progress has been made. I am somewhat inclined to leave well enough alone and see if it continues to work or fall apart.

A big thanks to all of you that have offered possible solutions even though they didn't work.

I will play for a few days and get back with another update.

Thanks again.. Ray.

and can some one tell my why edited sessions are not saving
There is from my experiences one issue that I run in more then one time. Closing the Session/Route with the red cross right on top of the window often (ever?) don't save my route/session even it is changed.
So I think that this mouse input isn't cached by the Trainz core at all situations. And this may be the same thing with the Quit-menu-entry if they use the same core routine.

Back