I DID IT!

betsy662

I managed to actually retruck an F7, and it do look soooooo much better!!!!!!!!!!1:D:D:D

atsf2.jpg

atsf1.jpg

wr2.jpg

wr1.jpg

Now that could be tricky on a Shay, not the 2 foot to 3 foot difference, since all Shay's were pretty standard machines and whether narrow or standard gauge usually used the same basic frame, but its good to know that the trucks ended up in the right position............:):):)

Yup, I was amazed myself that it came out so well. It was tricky. I spent about an hour swapping out kuid numbers until I found the ones that worked.:confused:

You should have seen the ones that didn't!:eek:

My next question is, can this process be done with couplers? I'd like to change all my couplers to link and pin types.

Rick

Last edited:
Your lucky TheGrindre that could have turned out bad. :D

And you have to change it in the config.file, So i have no idea.

P.S. I'm adding you to my buddy list.

I think the couplers are part of the base engine mesh...ionno I'm no modeler lol...

Which trucks did you say you used? The GP38-2's trucks?

Last edited:
Nice

Ive been doin the same thing with some units especially the auran ones....
they also work on some of the gp7/9 units also plus theyre is a GP9 bogey that works also and looks more realistic but only works on certain units....

I also found the (I believe VMD or TPR cant recall which has SW7 bogeys)
that swap out nicely on the sw units.....

Dave =)

The F7's look better.
It's always better to use third party trucks on builtin items when possible.(In My Opinion)
Betsy 662, I hate ask but where did those Sante Fe F7s come from?
Kenny

Nice, I've done it too, now if I could figure out how to make a good looking sliver truck, I'd be set. All my attempts look white or gray, never silver. I'm wondering if I'll have to do my own with a specular map.

The rods on the shay will be slightly askew though.

I had the real 3ft gauge wheels for that shay. They got obliterated apparently!

Cheers,
John

Last edited:
Well, gosh, may I have 'em, ZapperJet???:udrool: I'm one of the logging fanatics around here in 3ft ng. (It isn't perfect but it isn't bad either.) The wheels are a little oversized, too.

Rick

Nice

Ive been doin the same thing with some units especially the auran ones....
they also work on some of the gp7/9 units also plus theyre is a GP9 bogey that works also and looks more realistic but only works on certain units....

I also found the (I believe VMD or TPR cant recall which has SW7 bogeys)
that swap out nicely on the sw units.....

Dave =)

I'm heading over to VMD to see about those SW trucks!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

I did it again, after someone mentioned using trucks from VMD for the SW, I decided to go right over to VMD and check things out, found that SW1500 in WC paint that I already had downloaded, I figured, Why Not?

The following results speak for themselves...........:D:D:D

wr4.jpg

wr3.jpg

Wow that nice the pictures here! So keep up work hard with any your locomotives:D! And I like your SW1500 so its cool and nice the bogeys here too! Cheers cheers:D :cool: :p

Well, gosh, may I have 'em, ZapperJet???:udrool: I'm one of the logging fanatics around here in 3ft ng. (It isn't perfect but it isn't bad either.) The wheels are a little oversized, too.

Rick

Actually, now that I look back and check, I can't find the GMAX files or the actually TRS files :eek:

How weird is that! They show up in-game!

Must be CMP acting up again.

Cheers,
John

ustrainz GP35 trucks, namely the front truck, since there is only one line in the config file to put in a kuid..........:):):)

If these are not built-in engines, then you are not limited to only 1 bogey line. Just because an engine you download has 1 bogey line doesn't stop you from adding a second for a different truck. Just read the relevant parts of the CCG and look at some other engines to see how some are done.

There's lots of bogeys available. TLW, now USLW, has an animated SW7 bogey, there's GP bogeys in abundance, somewhere I got a FA bogey, the one by Magicland for the C424/425 looks good under the C420.

Back