I cant update from TRS 2019 build: 100240

jamal17

Subways and railroads
I'm having a hard time to update from my current build which is 100240 to a more updated version of trs 2019, every time I do it I get this message: Patch not viable. file path already occupied and doesnt match patch output: C\program files\NV3 Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\resources/builtin\46412d\content\kuid2 45324 100022 6.tzarc

Is there any way I can fix this?

Hi Jamal17
The first thing is to ensure that the installer is not being blocked or interfered with by any security programs, such as anti-virus or firewall programs. You may need to temporarily add the 'patch installer.exe' file in your Trainz installation as an exception in any security programs.

However if this issue does still occur, then I would recommend re-installing Trainz. The installer from your MyTrainz account will include all current updates, and as such it would not currently require any further patches.

If you have installed any content from the Download Station, or other websites, then this can be backed up by using the following steps:

1) Double click on the TRS19 icon on your desktop, then click on Trainz Settings.
2) Click on the 'Install' tab
3) Left click on the path shown in the 'LocalData Path' box, then press CTRL + A to select all, then press CTRL + C to copy it. The path will look something like 'C:/Users/%username%/AppData/Local/N3V Games/TRS19/build xxxxxxxx' if you have left this in the default location.
4) Shut down Trainz and ensure that trs19.exe had ended (check in Task Manager no other or trs19.exe processes are running)
5) Open Explorer (aka Windows Explorer, File Explorer, etc), then paste the path into the 'address' bar at the top of the screen.
6) Now copy the following folders to another location to create a backup: 'Local', 'Original', and 'Packages'. If you wish to make a backup of the screenshots you've taken in Trainz, then please also make a backup of the 'screenshots' folder.

Now re-install TANE, and then follow the same steps to work out the path to the new install's Local Data folder, and copy the 'Local', 'Original', and 'Packages' folders into the new Local Data folder.

Note: Your C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19 folder may be hidden.

To unhide the appdata folder:
Step 1: Open a Windows File Explorer window and go to the “View” tab.
Step 2: Click the “Options” button on the ribbon and then go to the “View” tab on the Folder Options window that opens.
Step 3: Click the box beside the “Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives” option in the list of advanced settings.
Step 4: Click “Apply” and then “OK” to unhide hidden items, including AppData.

I tried this and now I can't even reinstall the game because of the same error, I saved all of my local files and uninstalled the whole game, but the online patch installer it is getting in the way of me reinstalling the game.

I tried this and now I can't even reinstall the game because of the same error, I saved all of my local files and uninstalled the whole game, but the online patch installer it is getting in the way of me reinstalling the game.

Hi Jamal,

Ensure you exclude the program folder from your antivirus scanning, and allow the trs19.exe through the firewall.

Instead of running the patch installer through the Launcher, run it from the program folder as a separate application.

If that doesn't work, I recommend clearing your temporary folders. There's a chance that there is some left over bits from previous attempts and that's causing issues. You can use the Windows disk clean-up utility to clean up the temporary files, or you can use a third-party application to do the same.

How do you exclude the folder from your antivirus scanning? I do recall using windows cleanup utility to clean up various files but I’m not sure why this is happening, this never happened to me before while installing any Trainz version

How do you exclude the folder from your antivirus scanning? I do recall using windows cleanup utility to clean up various files but I’m not sure why this is happening, this never happened to me before while installing any Trainz version

Depending upon which antivirus program you have, you need to find the option to exclude a folder. For Windows Defender, you go to the Windows Security. You can also get to that by right-clicking on the Windows Security on the task bar and choose the dashboard.

In the Dashboard, choose Virus and threat protection.
Click on Virus and threat protection settings.
Scroll until you find Exclusions.
Click on Add or remove exclusions.

Add in the path for the TRS19 application.

I went as far as to add in the application (TRS19.exe) as well.

I recommend adding in the TRS19 data folders. You don't want the antivirus stomping on every file and folder that gets opened.

----

Now for another dumb question we haven't asked...

How much disk space do you have?

If there's not a whole lot of space, you can't update because the files have to be decompressed.

I have 256(c) folder gb and 1 Tb(D) folder, I have currently have 100 gb left in the C folder and 850 left in the (D) folder

this is the message I keep getting

failed to download installation data
**DETAILS:
Result: -5. Path: 'C:/Program Files/N3V Games/temp-82fa854e192d59e85.bin'. URL: 'http://dl1.n3vgames.com/Patch/STREAMS/trs20_q2/460/ebb95563ec55ab2f47902c690cd0f997.bin'
**DEBUG:

I'm having a hard time to update from my current build which is 100240 to a more updated version of trs 2019, every time I do it I get this message: Patch not viable. file path already occupied and doesnt match patch output: C\program files\NV3 Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\resources/builtin\46412d\content\kuid2 45324 100022 6.tzarc
Is there any way I can fix this?

\resources/builtin\46412d\content\kuid2 45324 100022 6.tzarc is not part of the path and should not appear in the path address. Your path should take you to the build folder only.

jamal17 - Suggest run the patch installer executable (Patch Installer.exe) from this directory:
C\program files\NV3 Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019
Point the updates to that folder - and not the subdirectories (resources/builtin/ etc.,)
You may need to create some additional space on your C: Drive to accommodate this, as the installer needs some disk-space overhead to work well.
Accordingly, I'd suggest moving your current UserData folder - and all of its contents - to your more capacious D: drive.
To do this, COPY the entire contents of your current UserData folder to a new, empty directory created on D: that is descriptively-named. (Suggest, for example: "D:\UserData_Platinum" or similar).
The Program files for TRS19 can stay on C:\
Afterwards, Point the Local User Data path (on the Install tab/ Trainz Settings) to your D: drive (say D:\UserData_Platinum).

Last edited:
I just installed TANE, the same way I’m trying to install TRS2019 and nothing went wrong when I made an attempt to install TRS2019 I get the same issue

failed to download installation data
**DETAILS:
Result: -5. Path: 'C:/Program Files/N3V Games/temp-82fa854e192d59e85.bin'. URL: 'http://dl1.n3vgames.com/Patch/STREAMS/trs20_q2/460/ebb95563ec55ab2f47902c690cd0f997.bin'
**DEBUG:

Back