How to solve tracksound fading out

dd-ar

TANE-std
Good day Trainzers :),

I'm experiencing a little issue with track sound of certain rolling stock. The track sound fades out when I drive 115-120km/h or more, resulting in silent coaches passing by with 130-140 km/h :hehe:. I tried to edit the bogey sound file by adding one more (additional) sound.

s!Akp0Vd1j-jwHjVS505tNvMeTFkrD

y4mZ7ATmYbBytMTTysSDp1T_7IDwHT2Cd89Q0_CaQgiaZ1-xpfin3DU2q3zmh_IVWtXnr_d3Hh5tW7Ni9gV37vmDhMX7q8PxhJaVR0MQtUokVw6R7PhxXci4-fG6Q2yGglYleh9klMJ8Ds6KINxGPOwmospFyu9lNGGC-AGkiePRVe1Pmmg34LLaYEl_X6yKH5h1dVa74n-F0Mq-gZYhAWaJA

I added 'idle 11' as sound for speeds above 110 km/h. But the sound still fades out around 115km/h. The newly added sound doesn't seem to be played off.. I also adjusted the config file so the new sound file should be recognized.

y4m-uaedC5ewge0mK-TAcH5u0jL3UzW2L_8dve4ERTt8Jy5pt9-BXClW3dkTeTD8gzj8JjFgaK-eVchp4r4iHpnZFiv4QuGdzGAO-BvsjhCgfjsDcqQqcDUCjTC3rBiQZDrX9KomPxQ0Z8pWC0tgffvg7XuZEIKEfm9DSXKJzYsAQC8BtaDFKHdjlz7FbFDsAJE6_8oURqvP9yV6LjOrEF9-g

Anyone knows how this works? I don't want to use an entirely different bogey sound, because the sounds up to 115-120km/h are very good.

Kinds regards and thanks in advance. :)

Koos

Last edited:
I don't know how this works, but could it be the quality of the sound that's causing this? Too much data causing the program to drop the sound maybe.

Have you proved that you are editing the correct asset? The sound that plays for a particular train can be a complex calculation that includes the track, the train and trackside objects.

When you have confirmed that, then you need to use the new wav file as the sound for some speed below 120 - that is, for some speed that you know is already being played with an existing sound file. You need to prove that the new sound file plays for that speed.

Only when you have proved both these things can you consider adding a new speed range. I would also recommend only making one change at a time. That is, add the new speed range using an existing sound file, and when that works change the sound file used for that range to a new sound file.

Back